• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line Grades - yep

Zod

It is said that they will not win if they keep the run first scheme against the good teams. Obvious that they cannot pass block. This is not LSU with Burrow and stellar wideouts. Hopefully Brady understands which way this needs to go now.

Run the ball. They can scheme around the four RB's and pass with shorter routes. Throw deep when the opportunity presents itself. With this Oline and QB, they have to play to the offense's strengths.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

We're basically just where most Panthers teams have been. We need to control the ball by running and safe passes, and our defense needs to generate turnovers and 3 and outs. That's all well and good when our o-line is more powerful than the opposing d-line, like with the Falcons. The problem is when we face a big d-line that can stuff the run and force us to pass. That's when captain interception, Sam/PJ, will wreck us.

Give Sam a little bit of time before defenders are surrounding him, and he'll be fine. Problem is the Panthers,  don't  have the talent up front to compete against a good front 7. Lately, they haven't had the receivers either who can make any contested catches. I don't care who the QB is. Being under constant pressure is going to force him eventually into bad decisions. Sam didn't have happy feet until he started getting assaulted, starting with that Cowboy game

I mean this only works vs bad teams that cant stop the run... Not like Hubbard has much wiggle or anything to him to make the difference. Then at some point you have to be able to pass. I think this wont work vs the bucs or so. Atlanta has never had a Defensive first priority. But Props are in order for making these guys look decent no sacks allowed.

7 minutes ago, Smithers said:

So who does PFF assign responsibility to for all the free rushers that came through several times?  The OL was better, but sheesh several falcons players came through untouched at times 

I'd have to look at the plays specifically but there are multiple situations in which that might not be on the OL(missed block by RB/HB/TE, more defenders rushing than blockers available, etc).