• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson on the Hands Team for the On-Side Kick!

Anybodyhome

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Yea Teddy turned him into a complete receiver and not just an occasional deep threat. 

I think velocity might be a factor. I could catch a fastball from Teddy. Trying to catch Sam's heater would probably break my fingers, and then my nose.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

in Carolina, Robby only has an issues with Sam Darnold passes.  Hands are money outside of that here. 

I keep telling people this.  His catch rate was below average in NY too with Sam.  And it isn't just Robby.  People are acting like our other receivers aren't dropping them - they do, every week.  I suspect it's because they either fear it's late and they're gonna get laid out, or they just have a hard time tracking the ball coming out of his hand.  I've never seen anything like it.  It's one of the biggest reasons I would rather give PJ a shot for the time being, with a full week of practice and preparation...  I know he's not a solution long-term and his redzone decision making scares the poo out of me, but we are leaving so much production out of the field because the receivers just aren't comfortable with Sam.  Also, Sam hamstrings us because we can't take deep shots due to his hesitancy to throw it.

Dont get he wrong, he made some clutch throws yesterday in key moments, but he just leaves so many plays out there...  the games we win shouldn't even be this close.

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Can you define that a little better, please? I'd like to see that "one point" on film and see if the contract he got as a result of that one point was worth it, 'cuz right now, I'm not feelin' it.

Nobody is arguing in favor of that contract rn but the offensive situation as a whole is not remotely ideal either so we'll just have to see if he can redeem himself.

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

He never had issues like this with New York and Sam Darnold. Yes, he had one  better season pre-Sam, but he had the same catch % and no appreciable difference in drops. Sam isn't really different than he was in new York (unfortunately lol)

I don't know if we've seen evidence he's better with PJ. Guess we will get a chance...

Robby sucks. I said it the day he was extended: we kept the wrong WR.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Yea Teddy turned him into a complete receiver and not just an occasional deep threat. 

I actually think teams adjusted to him mid season but I'd need to check the numbers to be sure. It felt like his effectiveness declined after the mid point of the year.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I keep telling people this.  His catch rate was below average in NY too with Sam.  And it isn't just Robby.  People are acting like our other receivers aren't dropping them - they do, every week.  I suspect it's because they either fear it's late and they're gonna get laid out, or they just have a hard time tracking the ball coming out of his hand.  I've never seen anything like it.  It's one of the biggest reasons I would rather give PJ a shot for the time being, with a full week of practice and preparation...  I know he's not a solution long-term and his redzone decision making scares the poo out of me, but we are leaving so much production out of the field because the receivers just aren't comfortable with Sam.  Also, Sam hamstrings us because we can't take deep shots due to his hesitancy to throw it.

Dont get he wrong, he made some clutch throws yesterday in key moments, but he just leaves so many plays out there...  the games we win shouldn't even be this close.

Robby before and with Sam in NYJ was the same dude. Now maybe the argument can be made that the QBs before Sam were also terrible. But still, Robby outside of with Teddy has been... Well, he wasn't the most reliable but he didn't drop tons of passes either. 

Last year, he really had some great games especially early. He and Teddy seemed to click.

Not all of our incompletions are on the receivers for sure.  But many drops have just been ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Maybe that hard hit he took shook things back into place for him.

Watch him turn into Megatron now. Also, the new hairstyle... much better look.

Really, though, I'd love to see him turn it around and turn it on after that hit. We need the guy to be the guy we thought we'd given the contract to.

Oh yeah....Just noticed that, too.   Way better look as he looked like a friggin' Simpsons Character before.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

They did

aaa111cap.PNG

If we think about a 1k yard receiver... That averages out to like 63 yards per game, right? In his first 7 games he passed that threshold 6 times and only three times in his next nine...

His last 9 games look a lot like his yards with the Jets, but much higher usage.

• Pie 1