• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule being as honest as it will get

CRA

6 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

What seemed to be the best set of skills position players we have ever had has turned into a pile of poo. It’s wills how much we have regressed year over year on offense. 

Yeah, it is amazing how inept we are on offense given the talent level. 

It just shows how much a bad QB and bad OL will do to tank a team. 

• Flames 3

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I imagined a team with a high powered offense and a competent defense when Rhule was hired. 
Instead it is a high powered defense and a bait competent offense. 
We are stuck playing 1950s style ball. 

It got us a W yesterday as opposed to Darnold throwing 40 times a game ineffectively in a losing effort.  Sometimes going back to the basics works.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

16 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

We have got to get a QB next year.

This defense will leak when it faces big time offenses, and we need a guy that can carry the team, even when the defense is just not on it that particular game. 

If we have a real QB, we would be undefeated right now.  Every game we have lost was because the offense couldn't pick up in the games where the defense finally gave way under the pressure of having to carry the team. 

It was cool watching the run game come to life again, and it's always a pleasant surprise to pound the opponent into submission like that and just take away their will...  but, it's also archaic.  It just sucks not having a guy you can trust to put the ball in the air.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

19 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

What seemed to be the best set of skills position players we have ever had has turned into a pile of poo. It’s crazy how much we have regressed year over year on offense. 

It is crazy how much we have regressed since the first few games.  That partially has to point towards play calling and other teams getting film.

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. Another top notch defensive performance on Sunday should have put us back in the top 10 overall defenses and likely will be a top 5 pass defense unit. 

No reason to fight it, we are a run the ball and shut the other team down type of team. Same as the Fox era, same as the Rivera era.

It’s been working for the Titans the last two years. I still don’t think Tannehill is significantly better than Darnold and he’s was probably going back to the playoffs before the Henry injury.

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

It is crazy how much we have regressed since the first few games.  That partially has to point towards play calling and other teams getting film.

It's like our coaches finally started self-scouting and saw what all the rest of our opponents were seeing since the Texans game.  The play calling from Brady yesterday was vastly changed from the previous several weeks.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, if I knew I wasn’t going to keep Teddy? Who was better and already paid for?    

I would have added Tyrod, Mitch, Gardner, etc (all better) and probably added someone in the draft.   And if I didn’t love Mac or Fields I would have still added QB talent.   And still might of carried 3 and paid and brought in some old vet to collect a check and help teach those of 2 guys about what  the NFL is all about.  

it isn’t just that they signed Sam.  They signed Sam as the only option.  Sam or die.  And Sam was just too comically bad to do that with.  Think that again points to what an inexperienced FO we have. 

Facts. It's was not a bad idea to trade for Darnold. No one can say it was, he has a lot of physical talent and was on a bad team with an idiot as a head coach. But, reclamation projects very rarely work out. That bet needed to be hedged with a rookie or a veteran backup. You'd think a hedge fund manager would understand that!

• Beer 4

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, if I knew I wasn’t going to keep Teddy? Who was better and already paid for?    

I would have added Tyrod, Mitch, Gardner, etc (all better) and probably added someone in the draft.   And if I didn’t love Mac or Fields I would have still added QB talent.   And still might of carried 3 and paid and brought in some old vet to collect a check and help teach those of 2 guys about what  the NFL is all about.  

it isn’t just that they signed Sam.  They signed Sam as the only option.  Sam or die.  And Sam was just too comically bad to do that with.  Think that again points to what an inexperienced FO we have. 

TB wasn’t significantly better than SD and he was costing about 3x what Darnold was…

So ask yourself if keeping TB was worth being in cap hell or not having Reddick, Gilmore, Morgan Fox, Daquan Jones.

The D would be average at best and the offense still wouldn’t be good. So no…keeping Teddy was never gonna work. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

It’s been working for the Titans the last two years. I still don’t think Tannehill is significantly better than Darnold and he’s was probably going back to the playoffs before the Henry injury.

Tannehill is much better than Darnold but Tannehill is basically an average NFL QB. It's debatable if Darnold is NFL starting caliber at this point. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1