• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC just got activated and Sam cleared the protocols.

Cdparr7

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

I thought the decision about him being a starter here was long since been determined and that he wasn't going to be one? 🤔

So he's getting yet another "final chance"?   From you?   That's surprising.

If there's any shred of hope it begins now as slim of a chance as it may be. But if today is another struggle and a tough loss you can't keep putting that guy out there eventually it has a detrimental effect in the locker room. I've been disappointed in Sam but I also very much despise the Patriots and the thought of losing to both Daniel Jones and Mac Jones is pretty depressing.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Someone said Sam Darnold has been asked to be Drew Brees.  It was a response to that absurdity. 

Someone is me.  I will try to explain is to you.

Darnold was being tasked with carrying the offense even though they claimed all offseason they would not do that. It took several weeks for Rhule to get it through Brady's head that that's not the way to play with our OL, QB, and receivers struggling.

I realize you want a simple blame all on one person approach but that's not how reality is. 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, frankw said:

If there's any shred of hope it begins now as slim of a chance as it may be. But if today is another struggle and a tough loss you can't keep putting that guy out there eventually it has a detrimental effect in the locker room. I've been disappointed in Sam but I also very much despise the Patriots and the thought of losing to both Daniel Jones and Mac Jones is pretty depressing.

That's fair.   To be quiet honest, what I want to see today is a continued emphasis on the RUNNING GAME.

Abdullah has been a revelation and I hope they use him a ton. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

What exactly is the point of this?  Who cares what 2 gloves woulda coulda shoulda?  He gone.

This guy was living in a parallel universe last season.  TB had no clutch in him. Nothing I saw here in my universe last season from 2 gloves has me wishing he was still here.  

21 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Agreed, there are quite a few “dumb as rocks” QBs in the HOF…..Bradshaw, Fauve,  Marino, Kelly…..so, you can be one of the greats and have the IQ the same as your shoe size.  By that measure, Fitzpatrick should be a shoe in for the HOF.

Thoughts on yesterday's performance?

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Thoughts on yesterday's performance?

Horrific, terrible and maddening.  Never thought he’d be worse than Mark….guess what, worse.  Sam’s a smart guy, use that mind in another field outside FB.  Come home Sam, finish your degree and you can continue playing back yard football on the beach with your friends.  

• Pie 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:21 PM, 1usctrojan said:

Horrific, terrible and maddening.  Never thought he’d be worse than Mark….guess what, worse.  Sam’s a smart guy, use that mind in another field outside FB.  Come home Sam, finish your degree and you can continue playing back yard football on the beach with your friends.  

On 9/8/2021 at 12:28 PM, Carolina Panthers said:

rssImage-5c05d8ce0c991065687511cdab089792.jpeg

The Panthers quarterback is fitting in here in his new home, far from the spotlights of Los Angeles or New York.

View the full article on Panthers.com

On 9/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, 1usctrojan said:

Or…he can stay exactly who he is, it worked for Joe Montana.  No drama, pouting or acting a fool. 

Whatever happens I know Sam will be just fine he is set for life and has 18 million dollars guaranteed to help him start whatever path he so chooses from here. I have no ill will toward him on a personal level I just wish all this didn't hurt the Panthers future in the process. All that being said. You've made it a point to lecture people here about class but you have made a clear effort to go out of your way to drag our previous long term starting qb for very petty reasons and as the saying goes you reap what you sow.

45 minutes ago, frankw said:

Whatever happens I know Sam will be just fine he is set for life and has 18 million dollars guaranteed to help him start whatever path he so chooses from here. I have no ill will toward him on a personal level I just wish all this didn't hurt the Panthers future in the process. All that being said. You've made it a point to lecture people here about class but you have made a clear effort to go out of your way to drag our previous long term starting qb for very petty reasons and as the saying goes you reap what you sow.

Good lord….forgive me for responding  about non-QB related issues that the entire football world has commented on, by most of the sports outlets, in not flattering terms.  I would have never known one thing about the “girl” incapable of discussing football incident (she was a grown woman, by the way) or commenting on the foppish dress.  Do you not think that a big reason Cam has not been offered a job just may be his several self created distractions?  

Other than not diving for the ball in one of the most important games in the history of any NFL franchise, because he was afraid of getting hurt….not one other comment was about performance as a QB.  Sam’s are all QB performance related.

Sorry, if Newton is your one star player in your history, it is true we have not had any good QBs in the NFL, but we’ve had a number of star players in our history.  Doesn’t make them infallible, or everything they say or do not cringeworthy….”give me the damn ball” and “I still think we were the better team”, etc.  

it all comes with the territory, but never, ever would I say an injured player was expendable, no matter who it was..,even a Burfinct or Suh or anyone else, that is classless.

• Poo 1