• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is not just that we lost

ladypanther

4 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Rhule is likely the worst coach we have ever had. Seifert is up there too, but Rhule is running neck and neck with him.  

Seifert had at least achieved something in the NFl

It’s not like Baylor or temple were ever top 10

$65 million they paid for this guy.  $65 million

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, hepcat said:

We’re all feeling it. This is a special kind of miserable. This team gives up. That’s not the kind of football team I want to watch or be a fan of. It might honestly be time to find something else to do than watch this garbage on Sunday’s.

I turned the game off and started watching college volleyball. It was more entertaining and competitive.

23 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

So...next draft....all Oline with a QB sprinkled in somewhere?

21 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Probably OL in the first depending on how these college QBs play the rest of the year, and how they do in workouts etc. 

I think they go QB in the first even if it's over drafting one. If there when the Panthers pick, Howell will probably be the guy too.

37 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

....but the way we lost.  That was an awful performance by this team.  Just awful.  There is talent on this team.....but we are now a friggin mess.  There is not a bigger Panther fan than me. This is so hard to take.

I am right there with you. It's one thing to lose but it is the way we're losing. No hope for us as we are now. 

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I think they go QB in the first even if it's over drafting one. If there when the Panthers pick, Howell will probably be the guy too.

I don’t know. They had Fields and Mac Jones there in the last draft and they didn’t pick one. Unless it’s an entirely new staff I don’t see a QB being picked again.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, chbright said:

And the death of keep pounding. And we turn soft same year, you don't say. Fug Tupperware and Matt Rhule.

This is the second time I've read about this today.  I thought the team out out a statement saying they didn't get rid of it?

Well, if true, I guess Tepper really is trying to put his soulless, hedge-fundish, poo on the little guy touch on the franchise and gameday experience.  Nice.

34 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

So...next draft....all Oline with a QB sprinkled in somewhere?

No, ALL OL with a proven veteran QB.  That's the recipe.  It's not so hard.

1) Establish an OL that can give a QB time.

2) Get veteran QB that can read defenses and delivers a quality ball if given time.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD????

Instead:

1) Rummage through the scrap heap of OL in FA and give them nice contracts.

2) Sign a QB that has PTSD from a bad OL with the Jets; who has proven to struggle under pressure.

Why?  Because it's the Panther way; that's to say the absolute WRONG way.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

Just now, hepcat said:

I don’t know. They had Fields and Mac Jones there in the last draft and they didn’t pick one. Unless it’s an entirely new staff I don’t see a QB being picked again.

There will be more pressure to take one this go round. They've had two strikes so far and Tepper will want something to sell to the fans. Howell is a home state and UNC guy that will sell tickets to certain parts of the fanbase. He'll also be a shiny new QB that others will get excited about. Of course, if they go after Watson, despite the legal issues if they are still there, all bets are off and the Panthers won't have a first round pick.