• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julian Edelman twists the knife inside a dead dog.

hepcat

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

This is the saddest picture of a nfl qb I’ve ever seen

qbs are supposed to be the Alphas. That’s not who he is 

I saw  it on tv and I thought, is he crying 

go home kid. Take your millions and just go home 

no crying in pro  football that others can see anyway 

You’re going to get poo’d, but this is the truth. He’s crying because he’s overwhelmed. In his head he knows he can’t get it. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Jmac said:

I feel bad for him actually. He is in a job that he can't handle and it must be overwhelming. He needs to take his earnings and move on.

I hate to see anyone suffer like this. Just not cut out for him. 

And that’s how I feel too. It is special breed, nfl QB1, and many college QBs flame out year 1 through 4.  

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. People think I hate Darnold. I don't. He seems like a good dude. I really think he's giving it all he's got. He's just not the answer. I hate the fact that the decision makers got duped into convincing themselves that he might be.

Correct.   But, from a Sam perspective, I don’t see how the current situation is much different than the Jets.  We wanted him to shake off all the bad habits but haven’t given him much help to do that.  He gets the ball and has to count to 1.0001 then run for his life.  I think he is programmed that way and now even when he does have time he doesn’t know any better and does something stupid.  

Poor guy is done and I feel bad for him but you are right. He is definitely not the answer.  Sadly, for us and him, he has no business being a starter in this league. 

Man, I feel for him but all that crying ain’t it. Again, it shows me he just doesn’t get it and he’s overwhelmed. Let the ladies of the Huddle or his mama worry about him, but out on the battlefield, we don’t have time for that. Results matter in this cold world and in this cold game.

You either get better, and if you can’t, step aside for someone that can. Can’t lead a group of men when you have doubt or if you out here crying. Outside of a heartbreaking loss, I’ve never seen that 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd feel bad for Darnold if it wasn't for the money he was making. I'll gladly embarrass myself on national television on the football field for those checks.

Exactly. For a split second I had some sympathy but he will have 18 million dollars worth of hundred dollar bills to dry his tears with and he may not even have to throw another football for the Panthers to get it.

Animated GIF

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Man, I feel for him but all that crying ain’t it. Again, it shows me he just doesn’t get it and he’s overwhelmed. Let the ladies of the Huddle worry about him, but out on the battlefield, we don’t have time for that. Results matter in this cold world and in this cold game.

You either get better, and if you can’t, step aside for someone that can. Can’t lead a group of men when you have doubt. 

The kid tries hard. He has the physical tools. Can he get better with the mental aspect of the game. I actually think he can, but the team needs to change what they’re doing. I’ve never played football on a team or coached but I think the team could make things easier for Darnold. A good coach will adjust his scheme to fit the talent of his players.

If the oline can’t sustain blocks for very long then you need to have more short passes. The lack of passes to our TE is a weakness for our offense. We no longer have Arnold, but Brady should be able to make Thomas and Tremble more useful in the passing game.If DJ and Robbie are receiving most of coverage why can’t we have plays where the TE (or slot receiver) are the primary options. If we could be effective with the underneath stuff it should make the opposing secondaries more vulnerable to double moves a deep throws later in the game

Run a no huddle in the 3rd quarter, which is where we seem to play our worst offensive football. Helps build a rhythm and it wears out the defensive line as the game progresses.

Find out which plays Darnold feels most comfortable with and put a steady dose of them in the game plans. I know he got hurt last week, but I’d sprinkle in more designed QB runs

Add more trick plays into the offense (reverses, flea flickers, halfback option etc) to get or wideouts open downfield.

Work on the deep throws in practice. We’ve got some good corners on our team. If Sam can perfect his deep ball against Gilmore, Jackson, Bouye, and Taylor during the week, then he should be able to hit some on Sundays.

No problem with the staff trying another option in 2022, but they need to try and salvage the current season. No guarantee a veteran will want to come here next season if we keep losing and we may not be able to get a franchise QB in the draft next year.

Edited by SCO96

19 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

The Panthers gambled on Darnold having more upside out of N.Y. If it had worked it would have been great. I might understand the thought process.
What I think is even a bigger mistake is not signing a competent veteran Q.B. as a back up. I consider that to be a bigger misstep.

Not disagreeing with you because I think we need a veteran, but we can’t make an assumption that everyone is just dying to play in Carolina. Did you have someone mind this past offseason?

15 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

The kid tries hard. He has the physical tools. Can he get better with the mental aspect of the game. I actually think he can, but the team needs to change what they’re doing. I’ve never played football on a team or coached but I think the team could make things easier for Darnold. A good coach will adjust his scheme to fit the talent of his players.

If the oline can’t sustain blocks for very long then you need to have more short passes. The lack of passes to our TE is a weakness for our offense. We no longer have Arnold, but Brady should be able to make Thomas and Tremble more useful in the passing game.If DJ and Robbie are receiving most of coverage why can’t we have plays where the TE (or slot receiver) are the primary options. If we could be effective with the underneath stuff it should make the opposing secondaries more vulnerable to double moves a deep throws later in the game

Run a no huddle in the 3rd quarter, which is where we seem to play our worst offensive football. Helps build a rhythm and it wears out the defensive line as the game progresses.

Find out which plays Darnold feels most comfortable with and put a steady dose of them in the game plans. I know he got hurt last week, but I’d sprinkle in more designed QB runs

Add more trick plays into the offense (reverses, flea flickers, halfback option etc) to get or wideouts open downfield.

Work on the deep throws in practice. We’ve got some good corners on our team. If Sam can perfect his deep ball against Gilmore, Jackson, Bouye, and Taylor during the week, then he should be able to hit some on Sundays.

No problem with the staff trying another option in 2022, but they need to try and salvage the current season. No guarantee a veteran will want to come here next season if we keep losing and we may not be able to get a franchise QB in the draft next year.

I appreciate your effort but it's a wrap for all that man. It's either PJ or one of the practice squad quarterbacks. Sam is unsalvageable and for the good of the locker room you can't bring that back out there and expect the team not to rip apart.