• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CAM NEWTON IS NOT THE ANSWER. THIS IS A MISTAKE.

kungfoodude

I didnt think it would happen. I don’t think 2015 Cam is walking through the door but I don’t think it’s battered  and beat up Cam either.  All in all I think he is still a special and dangerous football player. 

That said, Cam is exponentially better than any QB on the roster and will elevate the offense. Doesn’t fix the OL but it gives the offense a wrinkle that may mask some of the deficiencies. The one thing I worry about is anybody lining up behind that line is subject to a beating.  Cam is tough but damn!

Good signing all around.  

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Okay. Anti-Cammers, here is your thread to jerk each other off. 

Please leave the rest of the threads to the people excited about having our best QB return.

Thanks.

This 100% rejuvenated the season for me! I haven't been this happy as a panthers fan since Carolina made the super bowl.  I don't think non panthers fans and haters realize how much cam was beloved in Carolina.  He is home.  We now have our 2015 NFL MVP and the 2019 NFL defensive player of the year on our roster.  Time to get to work 

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I didnt think it would happen. I don’t think 2015 Cam is walking through the door but I don’t think it’s battered  and beat up Cam either.  All in all I think he is still a special and dangerous football player. 

That said, Cam is exponentially better than any QB on the roster and will elevate the offense. Doesn’t fix the OL but it gives the offense a wrinkle that may mask some of the deficiencies. The one thing I worry about is anybody lining up behind that line is subject to a beating.  Cam is tough but damn!

Good signing all around.  

He was tough but no longer.  His body has taken a huge battering  and he is 32.  If that line doesn’t do better at Protecting him he won’t last the season. I’m worried about his shoulder, I don’t think it will hold up.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

You can’t make a mistake when the season is already lost. 

I feel like there is a 60% chance he’ll be terrible but what the heck it’ll be fun 

Definitely people are Going to be let down. Cam is no better than he was his last season here which was terrible. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it. Sadly the competition is stout for pretty much the remainder of the season and several good defensive teams coming up.  People forget that most DC’s know how to shut cam down. We may win a few games but this is a 7 win team.  Reality has escaped many here. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

He was tough but no longer.  His body has taken a huge battering  and he is 32.  If that line doesn’t do better at Protecting him he won’t last the season. I’m worried about his shoulder, I don’t think it will hold up.  

I can’t offer any rational argument.  From what I saw (did not “watch or study film”, just highlights from the news) he looked healthy in preseason but weren’t a lot of violent hits he had to take.  Similar to the Darnold Signing I am reserving judgement.  But with this signing I feel more optimism and there is a certain buzz about it.  That may change but I will enjoy it while I can.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I love Cam Newton. He changed our culture and is the best QB we have ever had. I don’t believe at this stage of his career that he is the answer, but he is absolutely an upgrade from what we have, and will at least not make this season so miserable. If he can bring this team a spark and teach the young guys to be tough….I’m all for it for the remainder of the season. 

There it is. If Cam were playing last week I can see him looking at the defense like... which one of y'all gonna do something about that ankle twist?  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

If we were giving Cam a multi-year deal then I would be extremely upset. He has a "prove it" deal and he's off the books if he poops the bed. I am 100% ok with that. Had we done that with Sam I would have been fine with it. What you don't want is to be locked into a longer deal with a guy who could poop the bed. We're all good with the Cam deal, but we'll be punished next season with the Sam deal. We need to be smart. That's all I ask.

• Beer 1

Just now, pantherj said:

If we were giving Cam a multi-year deal then I would be extremely upset. He has a "prove it" deal and he's off the books if he poops the bed. I am 100% ok with that. Had we done that with Sam I would have been fine with it. What you don't want is to be locked into a longer deal with a guy who could poop the bed. We're all good with the Cam deal, but we'll be punished next season with the Sam deal. We need to be smart. That's all I ask.

Imagine how much easier the Darnold pill would be have been to swallow for a 4th and 6th with no 5th year option?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Imagine how much easier the Darnold pill would be have been to swallow for a 4th and 6th with no 5th year option?

Yeah that money could have been used for better o-line free agents, but now it's up in smoke with no benefit to the team. Zero benefit. Dumb move.

• Beer 1