• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIP Cam Newton

janderson20vt

2 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

I don't know. Those two were bad but at least then the rest of the line wasn't too bad. What we have now on the other hand feels like every single spot needs to be fixed.

The rest of that Oline was avg.. This Oline is bad but that OT combination was like having 2 Dennis Daily on the outside.. Atleast on this Oline most of the pressure is up the middle.. Cam can dodge DT fast edge Rushers get him... Von Miller type mess Cam up...

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The rest of that Oline was avg.. This Oline is bad but that OT combination was like having 2 Dennis Daily on the outside.. Atleast on this Oline most of the pressure is up the middle.. Cam can dodge DT fast edge Rushers get him... Von Miller type mess Cam up...

Yeah, I can see that argument. I just tend to look at this OLine as a whole, regardless of which QB we have behind them, as the worst I've seen for the team.

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I might be wrong.. Those 2 were so bad I don't remember the guards.. And of course Kali was good..

it’s bad…real bad. Chandler and Bell failed at blocking. this year, guys are running through untouched. metrics are worse all over the place.

good news is over the last two games the oline has gotten better, but that was also patriots and falcons and running it 46 times or whatever.

if you want to know if cam has anything left in the tank…it’s going to be tough to judge behind this line

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

it’s bad…real bad. Chandler and Bell failed at blocking. this year, guys are running through untouched. metrics are worse all over the place.

good news is over the last two games the oline has gotten better, but that was also patriots and falcons and running it 46 times or whatever.

if you want to know if cam has anything left in the tank…it’s going to be tough to judge behind this line

Jmo if Cam has the time Darnold did this Sunday when the game was competitive.. Cam will be better.. Even when Cam was injured and being hit he never had the jitters like Darnold showed the last 5 weeks..

6 hours ago, janderson20vt said:

While everyone is excited have we forgotten about the oline?

I don't think so...

...and do believe the piss-poor line/protection was a direct contributor to Cam's ability to negotiate a very healthy pay-package which is intended to compensate him for the risks involved in playing behind said line.