• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adjusted Expectations

L-TownCat

3 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

I can't tell of the line was that bad or it was sam or a combination of both.

To be honest that was some of the worst poo I have ever seen.

I think both.  But I believe Sam is just done. He was in a fragile state to begin with and then he was put behind some well oiled turnstiles in hopes of a change in scenery would make him better. Not happening.  If he wasn’t beaten and done before getting here, he is now.  

Not sure how Cam will make out but the opponents DL has its ears pinned back bo matter who is behind center. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Here are some facts that people are forgetting:

1. Cam lost a starting position to the fourth rookie QB taken in the draft.

2. Cam seemed to have throwing issues and was incapable of hitting the deep ball.

3. Cam was not picked up for a half season. 

Cam has 8 games to show the world he can still play.  That is where we are.  Forget 2015---forget 2017, the last good year he had.  Lets pull and pray for Cam to be fully recovered and back to some resemblance of his former self.

Gotta provide context, cam doesn’t lose the job if he’s vaxxed in the beginning 

cam lead all qbs in downfield completion percentage, although a short sample he still has the arm strength, as you see with the current pats team, they don’t really push the ball downfield 

I don’t understand how that’s a knock on him besides his vaxxed status, there’s a winless team in Detroit, a 1-8 team in the Texans and numerous other teams with troubles, if those clubs decide to go down in flames I don’t think that’s a indication of where cam is skill wise .

just some context 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think both.  But I believe Sam is just done. He was in a fragile state to begin with and then he was put behind some well oiled turnstiles in hopes of a change in scenery would make him better. Not happening.  If he wasn’t beaten and done before getting here, he is now.  

Not sure how Cam will make out but the opponents DL has its ears pinned back bo matter who is behind center. 

This line could play harder for Cam, you never know. I at least see Cam and CMC going alpha in the RPO game early just to send a message

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Here are some facts that people are forgetting:

1. Cam lost a starting position to the fourth rookie QB taken in the draft.

2. Cam seemed to have throwing issues and was incapable of hitting the deep ball.

3. Cam was not picked up for a half season. 

Cam has 8 games to show the world he can still play.  That is where we are.  Forget 2015---forget 2017, the last good year he had.  Lets pull and pray for Cam to be fully recovered and back to some resemblance of his former self.

I don’t think anyone is forgetting this 

the landscape for Newton is quite different. So are the weapons the panthers have added since 2019

On 11/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, onmyown said:

not even close, cam has had more excuses than any qb the panthers have had to date. some valid, some not. but people could not critique him or actually have any discussion about him that wasn’t butterflies and roses less they be called racist.

sorry but it’s true and everyone know it.

what’s going to happen is the team is not going to do so well because it’s a team game and the panthers are far from plug and play qb

cam will come in and beat the WFT and the Dolphins and lose the rest

no critical discussion allowed and there will be excuses galore. I mean there were excuses on better teams. and there sign cam long term threads. (there already are lol)

Seems you failed to realize the rest of the team may actually think we have a chance with our gladiator as well. Wipe your mouth with crow ass!

6 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Seems you failed to realize the rest of the team may actually think we have a chance with our gladiator as well. Wipe your mouth with crow ass!

no problem with that, soon as the opposition isn’t a second and third string qb team without their 1 WR

i like quality wins and consistency, plenty of time left to be wrong but being wrong about this is a bigger win than being right

• Poo 1