• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line Grades

Zod

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

funny how the line play magically improves when the defense can't put 11 in the box

Or when they have to prepare for CMC moving out of the backfield, moving back into the backfield, taking the handoff, taking the snap, catching the pass, making the sturdy block on a blitzer, calling in plays from the overhead booth, driving the team bus and doing on-field play by play commentary.

Cam was electric on the scoring plays and he grabbed the attention of the defense on his other two plays, but the line was helped by CMC being a real threat more than by anything else. He's one guy but he changes the math on everything out there.

Now next week, with Cam and CMC out there... just remember that used to give Luke fits in practice. Imagine what it would do to mere mortals.

• Pie 2

Better as expected.  But, I don't think these grades are accurate.  That was the 4th ranked defense we kept from getting a sack.  

And I've said from day news of this season, yes, I know Daley has looked bad at moments on the interior, but he flashed early at tackle.  Maybe there is hope for him there, and that is where I always believed he performed best.  Interesting to see what we do moving forward.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The impact of an massive infusion of hope. This team has grown apathetic. They knew they were going nowhere with Darnold at QB.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

the worst QB in the NFL will make a OL look worse than it is.  Obivously, it's not a great OL.   QBs can either help a OL or hurt it.  No doubt Sam brought out the worst in the them. 

But but but but.....the OL is the problem! We just need to get him an OL! Who could possibly play well behind this OL?!!!

North Carolina Reaction GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

looking better

I feel like Daley did worse than his positive grade and Jordan did better than his mediocre grade but i'd have to rewatch. What did you guys see

I thought Jordan and Elf did better than their grades, and Daley a little worse (but not as bad as in the past).  But this is just run blocking so I kinda get it. 

I wanna see overall though. I think Elf made a huge difference in setting protections etc and I doubt that shows up on PFF.  I just think the line looked overall soooo much better with him.

• Pie 1