• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know we give this coaching staff a lot of flak, but, we can all agree..

Ivan The Awesome

16 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Cam played 15 games for the Patriots. These were his stats in his final regular season game after 15 games of wear and tear on the shoulder.

Cam went 21-30 for 242 yards, 3 TD’s, 0 picks / 11 rushes, 79 yards / 1 reception, 19 yards, 1 TD

He was also New England's leading rusher that day.

Once again proves nothing. 

16 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Once again proves nothing. 

You said "We still don't know if his shoulder will hold up. His age has nothing to do with his shoulder."

What I showed you proves that his shoulder held up over a full season of work. 

Edited by trueblade

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

You said "We still don't know if his shoulder will hold up. His age has nothing to do with his shoulder."

What I showed you proves that his shoulder held up over a full season of work. 

No, it actually doesn't. But I promise we're all going to find out first hand, and I want him to succeed just as much as anybody. 

10 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

When you make as big of mistakes as Rhule has, its not going to be forgotten quickly. If he can turn things around though, he deserves another year to show he is a legitimate nfl coach.

You have to take long shots sometimes, especially when your options are limited. When they pan out you look like a genius, and when they don't, well you look like does Rhule right now. Good thing Tepper doesn't give a poo about your or my opinions on how many chances he should give Rhule. He hired him for exactly the reasons that Casillas pointed out. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I still believe in Rhule, mainly because he seems very adaptable, acknowledges mistakes and moves on fairly quickly from them, and that's a breath of fresh air compared to the stubbornness from a lot of coaches. He and Fitts have revamped the roster and our defense and skill positions on offense look great. If they get the QB and OLine situation fixed, look out, because what they've done with the other 80% of the roster has been great. 

I wouldn't want to be judged based on one and a half years into a rebuild, so I extend him that leverage as far as my judgement goes.

This is a really good post.  Many fans were ready to fire him and complained about his lack of experience.  The argument was that coaches never do well coming out of college.  But he was given a 7-year contract for a reason.  Tepper and Rhule knew there would be some hiccups. Building a solid long-term winning program was never going to take a year or two.  He was starting with very little and was severely handicapped by his shitty GM.

I for one have no issues with anything they have done.  Bridgewater made a ton of sense when they signed him.  He wasn't brought in to win a superbowl in year 1, he was a professional that could make the offense competitive while he built his defense. He wasn't what they expected so they swallowed their pride and looked for an upgrade.  They looked everywhere but eventually had to settle for Darnold who until week 4, looked like a complete steal.  He's just too inconsistent and not mentally fit to be a starting QB (I think he'll have a long career as a backup).  

Signing Reddick, drafting Horn, Snagging CJ Henderson and Gilmore, re-signing Moton, picking up Jones and Fox - all brilliant.  I also loved the Elflein signing because I knew he would eventually replace Paradis at a reasonable salary.  Happened a little sooner than expected but here we are.  Likewise I think Erving was signed as a utility OL until their LT draft pick was ready.  That plan is coming along slower than they anticipated and not surprisingly, Erving is already hurt - which sometimes happens in pro football.  The only head-scratcher to me was signing Robbie Anderson long-term, but he looked much better this week.

But saving salary cap and snagging a fresh Cam might be the best move of them all.  Cam can be a bridge while we find our next guy.  If Cam is not overworked with 40 passes a game, he should last 1.5-2.5 years, which allows us to snag an LT next year and a QB the year after.  

We are on our way boys.  Enjoy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Yep. People like to forget that we went after Stafford and Watson. I thought Sam was worth a try. It's not like they gave up a "kings ransom" for him like some folks like to portray it. I think the biggest mistake that the staff made was thinking they could fix Sam's yips behind this Oline. They couldn't and now they're moving on from it.

Exactly.  he looked great for 3 weeks.  I just don't see long-term starter there.  he'll be a decent backup that can come in for 2-3 game stretches - but he is not a franchise QB.  I think we can all agree on that now.  He'll be grossly overpaid next year, but after that, he could be worth having around in a pinch for a game or three for a low price.

• Pie 2

I am one of the few that loves this coaching staff. it's hard to find and evaluate a QB. That is problem the hardest position to evaluate. If it was so easy, Brady would not have went in the 6th round. Everybody saying the Rhule shouldn't be the decision maker on the QB but I don't think Fitz would have done any better.

At the beginning of the season when Sam wasn't turning the ball over, we were 3-0. Then the Dallas game happen and he started to turn the football over. We are 5-5. We had 5 wins this year and I'm pretty sure we are going to win a few more games. From 5-11 to possibly playoffs in 1 season with a young roster? I'll take that.

I'm just glad to see they are actively trying to fix the problem and find an answer. Even with the offensive line. I guarantee that will be address in the off-season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I am one of the few that loves this coaching staff. it's hard to find and evaluate a QB. That is problem the hardest position to evaluate. If it was so easy, Brady would not have went in the 6th round. Everybody saying the Rhule shouldn't be the decision maker on the QB but I don't think Fitz would have done any better.

At the beginning of the season when Sam wasn't turning the ball over, we were 3-0. Then the Dallas game happen and he started to turn the football over. We are 5-5. We had 5 wins this year and I'm pretty sure we are going to win a few more games. From 5-11 to possibly playoffs in 1 season with a young roster? I'll take that.

I'm just glad to see they are actively trying to fix the problem and find an answer. Even with the offensive line. I guarantee that will be address in the off-season.

You can’t be serious… giving full control to a college coach has never worked… Greg Schiano, Doug Marrone, Chip Kelly, Bill O’Brien, and now Rhule. Harbaugh was the only coach who had any success and his players ran him off because he was a dick.

And it’s not just the QB position, it’s hard to evaluate every position, hell it took this staff just as long to find a kicker as it did to realize they made a mistake in releasing Cam. Using one example of Brady doesn’t make your case any stronger.

The big issue here is that the answer truly was on the roster but now we are paying $40M more than we needed to in order to find out what we knew all along. Not to mention they didn’t even give Cam a chance to compete… it was a new coaching staff that was egotistical and wanted full control and knew they wouldn’t have full control as long as Cam was the QB because of his presence.

Now you have everyone on here asking how we are going to keep Cam, Reddick, Gilmore, and Jackson… well we could have if we weren’t paying $40M to Rhule’s QB’s.

Bottom line is Matt Rhule knows football, where he’s struggled so far is player evaluation and he was on the verge of getting himself fired until Tepper made him reach out to Cam.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1