• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tough medicine to swallow

Khyber53

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Ikr. Who do these people think they are talking about sports? What a couple of cool freethinking bros you two are.

the office slow clap GIF

Imagine coming on to a platform for bullshitting about various topics and then complaining about people bullshitting about various topics.

Imagine that.

How to tell me you are a hipster without telling me you are a hipster.

Edited by kungfoodude

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I do think it was a Tepper move personally. Everyone including Cam has said Rhule reached out first but was that the political play? I don't know really its nothing but assumptions from everyone including me but the word from everyone is that it was Rhule. Seems to me that Rhule was ready to go with PJ until next year.

I will go this far in saying that Tepper mood played a part in making a change in QB but I personally believe that change was going to happen regardless but I don't think Tepper explicitly told him to sign Cam or else.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

They brought Cam back because their backs were against the wall. The defense is playoff caliber talent wise and the offense has enough playmakers to win with even an average QB. They were turning the ball over at an astronomical rate with Darnold at QB. It was frankly embarrassing. The fans were turning on the team because trading for Darnold with no safety net move was infuriating and even a casual fan could see a Jets reject QB as your only starting option was NOT a good idea.

So they could either sign Cam and see what he can do, win the fans over, sell tickets, and hope he drags this team into the playoffs.....or lose the fanbase. Those were literally the two options they faced. I don't really think it's "good on them" for doing it. We forced their hand. We were about to tear them apart.

Yes

im still very concerned about versatility being the highest value Rhule places on linemen. 

im still concerned  he has not a clue as to how evaluate a NFL QB1

those are now next year issues. Right now, I’ll enjoy the Good Cam Bad Cam train and just be glad there is a Cam train  

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know. He was watching Sam Darnold literally almost single handedly lose game after game but only out PJ in during an impossible scenario for a 4th quarter. Seems like he didn't much believe in PJ either.

Well yea at first I was hard set on it being Tepper but it came right from Cam himself that Rhule did so I'm not ready to call Cam a liar so...🤷‍♂️

If true then its actually just more for the positive side of Rhule

8 minutes ago, Darknight said:

If that's the case, how come Tepper didn't step in the first time when Rhule released Cam?

The first time Rhule didn't have a track record. Tepper was willing to let Rhule make the calls, and woudl evaluate him on the results. Even as late as the draft, Tepper was still willing to sit back and let Rhule make his decisions at QB. Rhule then passed on Jones and Fields. Tepper reportedly wanted Fields, who has been up and down, but still, even as a rookie, looks better than Darnold.

At the halfway point of the season, it's clear to everyone that Rhule made the wrong decisions at QB. Tepper could of basically said "I let you try it your way, and it didn't work out. Now we're gonna try it my way."

10 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I agree that the QB situation has been a poo show. I have said that they should have kept Cam but I understand why they didn't. Cam was part of the old regime. I believed Rhule wanted to start fresh and rebuild. He has no ties to Cam. I get why they got rid of him but I don't agree on how that was handled.

I disagree that Tepper made Rhule sign Cam. There is no proof that I can see that Tepper did this. It is all fan fiction at this point. If that's the case, how come Tepper didn't step in the first time when Rhule released Cam?

And to possibly fire a coach or take away his power from adding talent to the roster just because he messed up on the QB position but basically hit on the defense is crazy to me.

Well, Tepper let Rhule come in and do what he wanted.  That's what you do when you pay a HC mega bucks.     So Tepper did what he was suppose to do there at the time.   Just like he did what he had to now IMO. 

If Cam was all Matt Rhule and Tepper is hands off.   Why is Cam flying in and going right to Tepper's house to see if this thing will work.   Matt Rhule wasn't part of that acutal party.  And then Cam emerges from Tepper's house all in fixing the shitshow. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The first time Rhule didn't have a track record. Tepper was willing to let Rhule make the calls, and woudl evaluate him on the results. Even as late as the draft, Tepper was still willing to sit back and let Rhule make his decisions at QB. Rhule then passed on Jones and Fields. Tepper reportedly wanted Fields, who has been up and down, but still, even as a rookie, looks better than Darnold.

At the halfway point of the season, it's clear to everyone that Rhule made the wrong decisions at QB. Tepper could of basically said "I let you try it your way, and it didn't work out. Now we're gonna try it my way."

I don't think this happened this way but in the small chance that it did, I do no want David Tepper as an owner.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

This is very possible but also very troubling. Meddling owners are a huge issue and Tepper is no different. I understand we're all fans of the Cam move, it made sense and was a good move this time even if it doesn't save our season. But if it was Tepper making the call that does not bode well at all for this team's future.

Agree with your point about ownership meddling in personnel affairs.

Also , I believe it’s plausible that Rhule came to the idea about Cam on his own without having the management pushing him to . 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

That would be a pretty cowardly move, IMO. Don't get me wrong, glad it ended up that way but that would be pretty chickenshit.

What do you mean? You don't want someone taking up a roster spot that is never going to play again.  You have two options, cut or IR. IR leaves a door available for an offseason trade to recoup assets and cap - if possible. No reason to cut Darnold right now.

And before anyone says anything about not getting anything for Sam, you might be right, but never forget Greg Little.