• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam to Rhule after penalty thoughts?

BurnNChinn

22 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

What exactly would you like for me to elaborate. 

What's understood, don't need to be said. 

Urban hasn't been used in reference to POP CULTURE for fuging decades. You age yourself 30-years, instantly, when saying it.

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I must have missed this, but I don't like Rhule saying "don't do it again". Not sure what his tone was or anything, but he himself said he wants the full Cam - and that's him.

That was a huge moment, worse penalties have occurred in the "DBO" error. That is a moment that has no affect, it's intimidating, warranted, and momentum building.

This reunion should be all about letting #1 be himself 100% as long as he's scoring TD's and getting W's.

Rhule should thank him for saving his job.

"Don't do it again" is precisely the reaction any coach in the NFL would and should have. I am FAAAAAAAAR from a defender of Matt Rhule(feel free to rifle through my receipts on the Huddle) but he isn't wrong. Had Cam done that after the second TD, I imagine most of us would have been upset. 

I love celebrations, they get the fans excited, they get the players excited. I don't even agree that taking your helmet off during a TD celebration should be a penalty.

Now that we have that out of the way.....everyone knows that is a penalty. Has been for a while. So....don't get pointless penalties.

For Cam.....glad he got that one. He deserved that moment and the fans deserved that moment. It just doesn't need to happen again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You missed the fugging point, child. Time for graham crackers and milk, now, so please go see Mommy.

Might wanna calm down there ya weirdo. Wouldn't want your extra blood pressure medication to make your AARP bill go up.

Edited by travisura

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I must have missed this, but I don't like Rhule saying "don't do it again". Not sure what his tone was or anything, but he himself said he wants the full Cam - and that's him.

That was a huge moment, worse penalties have occurred in the "DBO" error. That is a moment that has no affect, it's intimidating, warranted, and momentum building.

This reunion should be all about letting #1 be himself 100% as long as he's scoring TD's and getting W's.

Rhule should thank him for saving his job.

That was a very odd flex by Rhule, I pray that this was misinterpreted. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

All he had to do was leave his helmet on, he knew it and he knew he was gonna take the penalty. Rhule had to know some kind of penalty worthy celebration was coming. 

I liken it to one of the new canes this season getting what is called a Gordie Howe hat trick. Where you score a goal, get an assist and have a fight all in the same game. After the guy had the first two he basically asked an opponent to do a “little” fight so he could get his first Gordie Howe. After the game the canes coach(Rod) said post game in the locker room, paraphrasing a bit “ok yay for your Gordie, glad you got that out of our system… right?” (For those that don’t know, the canes are not a fighting team, and only ever use it for extreme momentum shifts) 

Perhaps Rhule could have used a little more tact, but Rhule doesn’t strike me as the type of person who could even spell tact. 

So I don’t really take this as an issue at all unless one party decides to blow it up. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rico6 said:

That was a very odd flex by Rhule, I pray that this was misinterpreted. 

Such a comment would be specifically telling him not to take his helmet off again given that that's what Cam was penalized for. Seems a pretty cut and dry thing that doesn't tread on Cam's personality, as I don't recall him ever getting such a penalty before.

• Pie 2

So I'm an older guy too, but I have young sons. 

I've heard them and their friends use "say less" at least a hundred times. It basically means you don't have to say anything else about it. I understand the assignment. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. 

Just to reiterate, I'm not hip or "with it". I just have younger sons that are pretty cool and popular. God help me.

• Pie 3

Just now, KSpan said:

Such a comment would be specifically telling him not to take his helmet off again given that that's what Cam was penalized for. Seems a pretty cut and dry thing that doesn't tread on Cam's personality, as I don't recall him ever getting such a penalty before.

And, that's what has been overlooked for the better part of 8 pages of this thread.

The penalty was for taking his helmet off, not for what he said.

• Pie 1