• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Old friend Jack Del Rio talking about qb situation this Sunday

BurnNChinn

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

So the question is how many games could we afford to potentially drop to do that? 

The only guarantee for our season is that if we go undefeated the rest of the way we'll get in.  That's a tall order, yes.  However, if we do manage it, no one will be able to say we don't deserve to be there.

Past that, you're rolling the dice.

Don't see Cam not learning playbook as criticism, just a fact about any QB in a short time. Don't want to be a team or fans that has to find insults in every comment so we can play with a combination of butthurt and chip on the shoulder.  Rather just find confidence in what we can do and roll with it.

• Beer 1

Rhule said they weren't going full playbook, but rather the game plan.  The thing is, Cam needs to get the timing with the guys down more than anything else.  Cam's thrown all of the routes in his career.  They just have different names.  So long as he and the receivers are close, then WFT has to respect the pass.

I still expect a LOT of running the ball.  The main hope for most of us is competency.  We don't need to throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs.  We do need to string drives together.  We do need to convert downs, and score points.  If we can score 25ish points a game while having good ball control, then that's about all we could ask for.

If we pop off for another 30+ point game, I won't complain!  But I don't think anyone is expecting a miracle.  That reminds me of something I heard:  Who is under more pressure?  Cam or the Coaches?  While I know Cam wants to win, it's really up to the coaches to make it happen via the game plan.