• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Rhule

therealmjl

No matter what happens this season, we will not fire Rhule after two seasons. If that happens, we might as well be labeled the Cleveland Browns. You got give Rhule atleast three seasons before you pull the trigger. 

Even further, I knew going into this season that we won't be a playoff caliber team just yet. I knew the defense would be better but offense will still need work and another off-season and adding pieces should put us over. 

My hope is that we don't stay put in the draft and move back to gain atleast a third round pick back.

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. I was wavering on Rhule but now I'm completely off the wagon.

He's gotta go. This is a college staff in the NFL and it's blatantly obvious watching them get taken to school by Ron fugin' Rivera.

Fire Matt Rhule

Got to say, I can of agree. Been worried or this for a while. They DO NOT know how to make adjustments in the NFL. We get ridiculously outcoached often. Tepper needs to put them on notice. We need a staff that can’t handle the NFL

3 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

No matter what happens this season, we will not fire Rhule after two seasons. If that happens, we might as well be labeled the Cleveland Browns. You got give Rhule atleast three seasons before you pull the trigger. 

Even further, I knew going into this season that we won't be a playoff caliber team just yet. I knew the defense would be better but offense will still need work and another off-season and adding pieces should put us over. 

My hope is that we don't stay put in the draft and move back to gain atleast a third round pick back.

I sort of agree here as well, but that doesn’t make me feel any better about the staff. Still think it’s glaring that they are over their head in the NFL

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. I was wavering on Rhule but now I'm completely off the wagon.

He's gotta go. This is a college staff in the NFL and it's blatantly obvious watching them get taken to school by Ron fugin' Rivera.

Fire Matt Rhule

How often could Panthers fans say Rivera outcoached his opponent?  I honestly can't recall a time other than yesterday.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, mc52beast said:

It’s obvious that Rhule should be fired until we win another game, then everything will be ok again…

And then when we lose a game it’ll be fire Rhule time again.

Kids say the darndest things

Rhule shouldn't be fired, but some reporter should ask him why it took late into the 2nd half before he decided to shadow Mclaurin with Gilmore.

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

How often could Panthers fans say Rivera outcoached his opponent?  I honestly can't recall a time other than yesterday.

The outcoaching things get hard to really define.   Sometimes bad coaching moves work out great and sometimes great coaching calls implode.  Players just have too much control in how guys look. 

Rivera coached like a guy that wanted to win yesterday.  And was playing to win all game.  He wasn't going to leave any regrets of playing it safe. .   He did that occasionally in Carolina over the years.  It's the best version of Ron.  But Riverboat if forced to come out.  It's not natural for Ron. 

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Yes they did... Man stop with this made up history... Fox got the players he wanted most season and so did Ron...

Other then Gettlmen years and how did that work out??

Rivera couldn't "shop for his own groceries" nor could Fox.

Rivera lobbied publicly, him and TD, to keep Greg Hardy to no avail.

Meh, I'm still hoping he leaves for easier pastures. The honeymoon is over and his staff's learning curve is damn near flat. If they keep performing at this level there is plenty of justifications to rationally fire Rhule, I still think the third year should be earned. He's failing right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Back when everyone was chanting for us to fire Rivera two years ago, I warned that the answer we get may be worse than the coach we were losing. I wasn't saying we should keep Rivera then (although I had been lobbying for him to stay for a while before it just became obvious that it had all worn down and fallen apart). I was trying to say we could easily get a new coach who just couldn't do the job.

Yesterday, it was proven that we had gotten a coach that is worse than the one we lost.

This was the guy the Tepper wanted more than anything. And when the Giants let it be known that they wanted him, too, Tepper went all in and lost his damned mind. He gave him carte blanche on running and recruiting this team. We should have let him go to NY.

And we should have realized that just the season prior, the NY Jets had decided not to hire him. If the Jets don't think you can do the job better than their last guy, chances you can't.

Wanna know someone who is incredibly good at their job? Rhule's agent. That guy worked his ass off to get him this job.

Edit to add: Go ahead and fire Rhule. Eat the costs, just do it for the fanbase and our dignity.

Edited by Khyber53