• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Exactly what is “the brand”?

therealmjl

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

For a team that is still searching for its identity going into December - what exactly is this “brand” that Rhule keeps referencing?

I don't think Rhule has one.    Agree or disagree with whatever it is, it should at least be evident a year and a half in. 

I think Cam actually highlights it.  He brought Cam in and has encouraged him to be full Cam for that very reason. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don't think Rhule has one.    Agree or disagree with whatever it is, it should at least be evident a year and a half in. 

I think Cam actually highlights it.  He brought Cam in and has encouraged him to be full Cam for that very reason. 

Yeah exactly. It’s like - hey buddy you had that guy 2 years ago when you took over. Was he not the brand then?

• Pie 1

I don't think you could say we have a brand. What it should be is a ball-control offense, that takes shots off play-action when teams inch up. And a stingy Defense that attacks the QB. This is based off of our personnel.

Currently we don't have a brand. We're more like a knockoff brand than anything right now. I have more faith in consistency with Cam here again. But we're not there yet.

Edited by EgoDogg

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yeah exactly. It’s like - hey buddy you had that guy 2 years ago when you took over. Was he not the brand then?

I think Rhule basically realizes this isn't Temple.   I mean, he said he finally sat down and really talked with Sam Darnold  7 weeks in or some poo?  I just don't think he is a NFL guy.  Whatever his powerpoint might claim is the "brand"....clearly isn't working. 

and now he is basically begging Cam to bring back the vibe and culture that existed pre-Matt Rhule. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Rhule basically realizes this isn't Temple.   I mean, he said he finally sat down and really talked with Sam Darnold  7 weeks in or some poo?  I just don't think he is a NFL guy.  Whatever his powerpoint might claim is the "brand"....clearly isn't working. 

and now he is basically begging Cam to bring back the vibe and culture that existed pre-Matt Rhule. 

Yup, didn't he declare us a defensive team two three weeks ago, without just saying that Sam sucked? I think he's just sort of waiting for success to come to him instead of having any long term plan. DBO was his only thing really and we lead the league in penalties 

Rhule is an intelligent perfectionist. The brand is players who execute the offense and defense to near perfection, including technique, and go above and beyond in effort even when it's outside the scope of executing their play.

This doesn't work. It will never work. There are too many dumb players on offense, and especially defense, who will never live up to the brand. They will keep making bloopers and blunders because they lack intelligence and attention to detail. This is true for every team in the NFL. All teams have F-up idiots who will shoot your team in the foot, and even on critical downs that decide the game. Grabbing, jumping off sides, running the wrong route, busted coverage, ect, this will never stop. That's why the brand stuff doesn't matter. The DBO sign doesn't matter. A lazy player will play sloppy when he becomes tired, and then comes the penalties and busted plays. 

What is the wining formula? You have to have a QB who can overcome the bloopers and blunders made by the dumber and lazier players who are a given on any team. You build a brick wall o-line, and that allows a talented and intelligent QB to overcome the setbacks caused by the problem players. The o-line also allows you to go into BRUTE mode when the receivers are playing like poop. The defense just needs to be decent, but the offense needs to funnel through a well protected and highly talented QB.

What we have right now is a QB who can't make up for bloopers and blunders in most cases. That means we have to play near perfect football to beat most teams. Everyone has to play smart well disciplined football. That doesn't work most of the time. Rhule can't put his brain in the heads of all the players. Many of them are just too dumb. It's too much to overcome. We just don't have the right blueprint to win right now.   

• Pie 1