• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Exactly what is “the brand”?

therealmjl

Despite the Patriot hate on this board, I think many would agree that Belicheck is the GOAT coach, or at least in the very small groups in the discussion. Even with his career, it took him time to get to where he has. His Browns days were tumultuous. He fought a battle of developing his culture versus the culture of a hometown hero (Bernie Kosar). This was even with Belicheck having been an NFL assistant for years under one of the top tier coaches of all time (Parcells).

I swear this board is ridiculous. Many of you don’t want to give Rhule the time to grow into being an NFL head coach. Yet at the same time, you don’t want a retread. Where does that leave you? Hiring an assistantW who will need to learn and grow into being an NFL head coach. 

Your all’s lives must be so stress-ridden and anxiety-filled. If you don’t get your way immediately, blow it all up, right?

8 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Despite the Patriot hate on this board, I think many would agree that Belicheck is the GOAT coach, or at least in the very small groups in the discussion. Even with his career, it took him time to get to where he has. His Browns days were tumultuous. He fought a battle of developing his culture versus the culture of a hometown hero (Bernie Kosar). This was even with Belicheck having been an NFL assistant for years under one of the top tier coaches of all time (Parcells).

I swear this board is ridiculous. Many of you don’t want to give Rhule the time to grow into being an NFL head coach. Yet at the same time, you don’t want a retread. Where does that leave you? Hiring an assistantW who will need to learn and grow into being an NFL head coach. 

Your all’s lives must be so stress-ridden and anxiety-filled. If you don’t get your way immediately, blow it all up, right?

Cleveland in 91 
Pats in 2000

Hey sweet just let us know when its been 9 years and we can buy tickets and merch again once the hibernation is over

Ya know or be the ones who hire the Belichick the second time there chief like NE did as they didn't suffer through the growing pains they had a winning record year 2.

Edited by Fox007

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Cleveland in 91 
Pats in 2000

Hey sweet just let us know when its been 9 years and we can buy tickets and merch again once the hibernation is over

Ya know or be the ones who hire the Belichick the second time there chief.

People act like bringing up Belichick’s history in Cleveland is damaging…

Since 1991 (yes, three decades ago), the Browns best season occurred when he was the head coach (1994).

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yup, didn't he declare us a defensive team two three weeks ago, without just saying that Sam sucked? I think he's just sort of waiting for success to come to him instead of having any long term plan. DBO was his only thing really and we lead the league in penalties 

If that defense we saw against Washington is the "defensive team" he speaks of, then he is in trouble.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yup, didn't he declare us a defensive team two three weeks ago, without just saying that Sam sucked? I think he's just sort of waiting for success to come to him instead of having any long term plan. DBO was his only thing really and we lead the league in penalties 

It's almost like his college tactics....predictably don't work.  I mean, the DBO sign was embarassing enough.  Double the embarrasment when you point out we lead the league beating ourselves lol. 

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Actually the comparison is even worse the more I think about it as Belichik was already a stud DC with Super Bowl rings so not even remotely close to Rhule.

Which is sort of my point as well. Tepper made the decision to hire Rhule, knowing there would be a learning curve. BB proved that the learning curve can be steep, even for the most successful NFL coordinators.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Rhule isn’t even Cleveland Bellichek