• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB available for next year

BlitzMonster

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't quote me but Howell isn't a lock to enter the draft. I'm hearing mom is pushing him to go but he wants to play another year at UNC. He doesn't want to end on this note.

As a UNC fan, I would love this, but it is very rare for a first round talent (especially in a QB weak class) to stay back.  I’d take him for Heels or Panthers, but I would be truly shocked if he stayed at UNC

6 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Need to resign Cam to a 1 year deal and have him and Darnold battle it out in camp. Give Cam a legitimate shot to prove he can still lead a franchise. The dude has had to learn the playbook on the fly his last 2 seasons in the NFL w/ no offseason with his teammates...QB is the most important position when establishing timing and comfort level within the scheme anyone expecting Cam to play lights out on such short notice is asking quite a lot especially with this offensive line and an injured CMC.

ALL of our resources this offseason need to go into the O-Line. Even if its at the expense of resigning some of our defensive FA's. I'd much rather have O-Line help than Reddick, Gilmore, and Jackson (Would love to resign Reddick if we can manage it though)

Rhule gets a 3rd season to prove this team can be trending in the right direction. Bringing in a new HC and FO with the draft picks we have and the cap situation next year is not a smart move. Give Rhule a 3rd season and if he fails we likely end up with a top 5-10 pick and that's when you make the move to hire a new regime

Animated GIF

Anytime I read that one college qb is a sure fire success, or another college qb is overrated, I take it with a grain of salt.  Drafting a qb is a crapshoot, and no one knows how they are going to do.  The key component to being a successful NFL qb is decision making and accuracy under intense pressure, and that is something that can't be determined until they actually do it on the field.  

IMO, if we have a shot to draft a qb and we think that qb can be successful, then we do it, regardless of the offensive line woes.  If we have to let him sit a year (like Mahomes) while we rebuild the oline or let him learn on the sidelines, then so be it.  And if we have to draft one every year or every other year until we finally get it right, then that is what we have to do.  QB is to important a position to do otherwise.   

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Fug it, I'm going all in on Marcus Mariota.

Why? I have no clue, other than what fugging difference does it make?

Newton is a 1/2 season rental and will be gone at the end of the season the way his contract is structured and Sam will be here next year for the same reason.

Let's please not go all in on any QB this year like we have the past 2. Don't need more QB dead cap in 2023...

I like the idea of drafting QB(s) and getting Mariota for short and/or cheap as a bridge QB, but please no more sizeable deals to retread QBs. It's worked out so great the last 2 years.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Also, Kirk Cousins, Russ Wilson, Jimmy G and Deshaun Watson should be available.  Aaron Rodgers too. 

Realistically none of those make sense for us.

Watson is either a risk of not playing or if he's cleared the price is way too high for a team with as many holes as we have. Only chance would be if Texans would consider McCaffrey a core piece in the trade and we'd be open to moving him. Unlikely on both counts.

Cousins isn't that great yet is getting paid as a top QB and he really does not fit our timeline.

Wilson and Rodgers don't fit our timeline and will want to go to contenders.

Jimmy G sucks, maybe I'd consider him for relatively cheap as a stopgap if he's cut, but wouldn't give up any assets for him or take him on his current deal.

• Flames 1