• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fire Joe Brady

GOAT

I'm not sure what these sacrificial lamb posts are about.   Last year his play calling was garbage in the red zone, this year it was garbage basically all around.  Especially if you wanted a balanced attack or adjustments.  He was fired because he was in over his head and bad at his job.  I'm not sure what about that makes him a sacrificial lamb.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I'm not sure what these sacrificial lamb posts are about.   Last year his play calling was garbage in the red zone, this year it was garbage basically all around.  Especially if you wanted a balanced attack or adjustments.  He was fired because he was in over his head and bad at his job.  I'm not sure what about that makes him a sacrificial lamb.

I don't doubt that Brady is a sacrificial lamb for Rhule.

It's also true that he deserved to be fired.

One doesn't negate the other.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, John2k2k said:

Rhule is not the one who chose Joe brady. Tepper was the one that did. Matt Rhule should be given a chance to hire who he wants to be his OC. Rhule has his problems but let not be one of the teams that doesn't give the head coach time to build a winning team. I for one will at least let him choose his own OC. If that doesn't work out then thay can fire him.

If you let Rhule make hires, get ready for Baylor and Temple people to run this place

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Correct, did not.  Lying no, but potentially misleading for the sake of deflecting an uncomfortable question and moving on.  Absolutely!  Rhule likely knew another loss or two likely meant a shakeup before his own job was taken, but he wasn't going to give the media any red meat. 

What coach does? What HC says yes, we're considering shaking up our coaching staff...

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't doubt that Brady is a sacrificial lamb for Rhule.

It's also true that he deserved to be fired.

One doesn't negate the other.

I really dont think Rhule's seat is even hot yet.  He is on season 2 of a complete rebuild.  The 3-0 start ruined everyone's expectations of where the team actually was on that rebuild.  While the contract doesnt mean much to Tepper in the long run most likely, I dont think he gave him a 7 year deal to fire him 1.5 seasons into a total rebuild.   I'm not saying I think Rhule is for sure the answer,  this is just what I think.  He will have next season almost regardless I think.  New OC and they are finding a qb that their fates are tied to this offseason. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I really dont think Rhule's seat is even hot yet.  He is on season 2 of a complete rebuild.  The 3-0 start ruined everyone's expectations of where the team actually was on that rebuild.  While the contract doesnt mean much to Tepper in the long run most likely, I dont think he gave him a 7 year deal to fire him 1.5 seasons into a total rebuild.   I'm not saying I think Rhule is for sure the answer,  this is just what I think.  He will have next season almost regardless I think.  New OC and they are finding a qb that their fates are tied to this offseason. 

I don't know whether he's on the hot seat or not.

I absolutely believe he should be.

He is, in my opinion, not qualified to be a head coach in the NFL, and I'm not willing to wait around the number of years it would likely take him to gain that level of experience (which isn't guaranteed anyway).

16 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

What coach does? What HC says yes, we're considering shaking up our coaching staff...

I've heard coaches say all options are on the table without getting into specifics.  Rhule?  He denies, deflects and then ultimately contradicts himself, which makes him look even more inept in the end.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know whether he's on the hot seat or not.

I absolutely believe he should be.

He is, in my opinion, not qualified to be a head coach in the NFL, and I'm not willing to wait around the number of years it would likely take him to gain that level of experience (which isn't guaranteed anyway).

Yea I'm not sure if I think he can be successful or not.  I do know most of the teams that quickly churn through head coaches never seem to find much success though.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Brady was lauded as an offensive genius.....how did he have so many fooled? I need to know his secret lol

Have the greatest set of skill position players ever assembled on a college football team, and get a job as “passing game coordinator”. Actually I wonder if the REAL OC of that team is a little pissed off at all the hype and press Joe got, when most people don’t even know that guys name…

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Yea I'm not sure if I think he can be successful or not.  I do know most of the teams that quickly churn through head coaches never seem to find much success though.

This is a valid concern.

It's also true that if you hire somebody who's not qualified for the job, holding on to them just for the sake of not changing too much too soon is a mistake.

• Pie 1