• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fire Joe Brady

GOAT

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I've heard coaches say all options are on the table without getting into specifics.  Rhule?  He denies, deflects and then ultimately contradicts himself, which makes him look even more inept in the end.

Rhule deflected like most coaches, he didn't deny or contradict himself. I understand that many want him gone, probalby most of the same that wanted Rivera gone. This narrative was picked up and you all run with it...

5 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Rhule deflected like most coaches, he didn't deny or contradict himself. I understand that many want him gone, probalby most of the same that wanted Rivera gone. This narrative was picked up and you all run with it...

Rivera deserved to be gone.

Rhule deserves it even more than Rivera did.

Something had to give because Brady’s offense wasn’t sustainable He didn’t evolve quickly enough and NFL defensive coordinators caught up. The Panthers’ offense ranks 29th in Football Outsiders DVOA metric, which measures efficiency against league averages.

Only the Lions, Falcons and Texans are worse. Over the past four games, they have scored seven touchdowns. The Panthers averages just 19.7 points per game, are 28th in yards (300.8) and 22nd in red-zone touchdown percentage. If an offense isn’t gaining yards between the 20s, scoring red-zone touchdowns or generating points then something must change. Rhule pulled the plug on his 18-month Brady experiment for all those reasons.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article256355367.html#storylink=cpy

Take you're little wack haircut and go coach a high school, dude. Win a few titles, then get on as Passing Game Coordinator (lol) in college somewhere, flounder a year or three, move up to OC, make the CFP, then after those 10 years are up ... come back to the NFL.

Looking fwd to us running it more, lol. We're going to get blow out by everyone but the Falcons.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Take you're little wack haircut and go coach a high school, dude. Win a few titles, then get on as Passing Game Coordinator (lol) in college somewhere, flounder a year or three, move up to OC, make the CFP, then after those 10 years are up ... come back to the NFL.

Looking fwd to us running it more, lol. We're going to get blow out by everyone but the Falcons.

I am not so sure we will not get blown out by the Falcons. They played Tom Brady and Tampa Bay tough today. The  closer score would have been closer if it had not been for suspect calls against the Falcons on several drives.

So i really don't think this is that big of a deal. I'm not sure it changes much of anything for the team that wasn't going to be changed anyway.

I think, barring something unforeseen, Ruhle is going to be back and this doesn't really change that. next year will be a make or break. 

I think this does mean that he and brady have very differing views of how the rest of the season should play out. There's been sniping in the media previously that indicated they haven't been on the same page for much of the season. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that ruhle probably just wants to run out the year and didn't think Brady would do that.