• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This confirms Rhule's seat is hot

Zod

3 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

We are 5-7 with 5 games left. We can finish anywhere from 5-12 to 10-7. I think that has a lot to do with whether he’s here next year or not. Remember we were 5-11 last year.

5-12 or 6-11 likely gone

7-10 50/50 chance

8-9, 9-8-10–7 probably staying playoffs or not. Wining 3 or more out of last 5 will show improvement.

The talent on this offense, and parts of the defense, isnt as good as we homers think they are   His winning two more games at most does nothing for this franchise 

my thing is simply this, over two years, Rhule’s personnel mistakes are egregious.

They are not easily recoverable and some to the point of blatant stupidity 

why give him a chance to dig that ditch a little closer to hell.

Right now we are on hell’s front porch and that’s bad enough 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Geronimo said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Especially with the Saints, falcons, vikings and 49ers all losing this past week....add that to brady being fired.  Well poo feels like a panthers win this weekend 👍

Unfortunately the eagles and wft won

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Y'all gotta start giving these dudes more than half a season to settle into the NFL.  Especially on terrible teams....which is why they are top picks to begin with.

I actually don't have to give them anything.  🙂.  What you or I say here doesn't matter at all.  

Fwiw, I am not saying they will be bust.  Just that of all the picks, only Mac Jones looks good at this point.  They could turn it around. And at least 1 or 2 of them probably will.  

But in my opinion, both Burrow (when healthy) and Herbert looked better at this point last year than any of the top three do this year.  By top three, I mean Lawrence, Smith, and Fields.  Lance is mostly unobserved.    

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I actually don't have to give them anything.  🙂.  What you or I say here doesn't matter at all.  

Fwiw, I am not saying they will be bust.  Just that of all the picks, only Mac Jones looks good at this point.  They could turn it around. And at least 1 or 2 of them probably will.  

But in my opinion, both Burrow (when healthy) and Herbert looked better at this point last year than any of the top three do this year.  By top three, I mean Lawrence, Smith, and Fields.  Lance is mostly unobserved.    

Fields was showing some decent growth and moments before he got hurt. 

I mean, if Trevor Lawerence had the SD weapons and coaching staff......he probably would look a lot different right now.  Jags have no talent and a bigger clown than Rhule running the show. 

56 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fields was showing some decent growth and moments before he got hurt. 

I mean, if Trevor Lawerence had the SD weapons and coaching staff......he probably would look a lot different right now.  Jags have no talent and a bigger clown than Rhule running the show. 

SD?  😉

The Chargers coaching staff was fired last year during Herbert's first year.  So I am assuming their owner doesn't share your opinion of Herbert's first year staff.  Unless you mean this years staff, but since this is Herbert's second year, not sure that would be a valid comparison.  

Regarding the weapons, I have heard similar discussions about a lot of drafted qb's.  Some work out, some do not.  The jury is still out on all of them drafted last year.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If you're Tepper, you don't.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Fire Rhule and move on.

Hopefully to bigger and better things.

As I stated in another thread...so far, when David Tepper has a choice to make, he makes the wrong one.

That means I'm bracing for Rhule to be here again next season.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

As I stated in another thread...so far, when David Tepper has a choice to make, he makes the wrong one.

That means I'm bracing for Rhule to be here again next season.

From a fans perspective it does seem like Tepper has made quite a few mistakes.  Keeping Hurney around and allowing him to participate in the selection of a new HC comes to mind as an example.

However, Tepper has all the financial resources needed to make the Panthers a perennial powerhouse.  What he doesn't seem to have is an advisor capable of providing useful advice when it comes to selecting NFL coaches and management.  

That could possibly change overnight or maybe it never will.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

From a fans perspective it does seem like Tepper has made quite a few mistakes.  Keeping Hurney around and allowing him to participate in the selection of a new HC comes to mind as an example.

However, Tepper has all the financial resources needed to make the Panthers a perennial powerhouse.  What he doesn't seem to have is an advisor capable of providing useful advice when it comes to selecting NFL coaches and management.  

That could possibly change overnight or maybe it never will.

Focusing on "business" side of things first.

Soccer.

Concerts.

Already begging taxpayers for money.

Keeping Marty.

Keeping Ron.

Hiring Rhule and giving him unlimited power.

Hiring a GM in an upside down power structure.

Field Turf.

His mistakes go on and on and on...I'm not even sure he's made a single good decision since he's been here...I'm sure I'm wrong on that, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

I really really wanted him to bring Colbert over from the Steelers and give him the bag to get his tenure started...or at the very least, someone like him.

Man this has been a disaster so far.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

SD?  😉

The Chargers coaching staff was fired last year during Herbert's first year.  So I am assuming their owner doesn't share your opinion of Herbert's first year staff.  Unless you mean this years staff, but since this is Herbert's second year, not sure that would be a valid comparison.  

Regarding the weapons, I have heard similar discussions about a lot of drafted qb's.  Some work out, some do not.  The jury is still out on all of them drafted last year.

weapons matter and so does coaching for a rookie QBs. 

Urban and Nagy are trash.   And Trevor has nothing to work with.  The coaching in Jacksonville makes Rhule/Brady look competent. 

16 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Soccer.

Concerts.

Keeping Marty.

Keeping Ron.

Field Turf.

His mistakes go on and on and on...I'm not even sure he's made a single good decision since he's been here...I'm sure I'm wrong on that, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

I really really wanted him to bring Colbert over from the Steelers and give him the bag to get his tenure started...or at the very least, someone like him.

Cam having to run around those field level suites to hand out touchdown balls to kids....It's hard to focus on the red zone plays when they're on that end of the field watching 20 people eat pancakes in little cubicles

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Soccer.

Concerts.

Keeping Marty.

Keeping Ron.

Field Turf.

Putting the logo at midfield! best decision he's made so far.

• Pie 1