Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

this place is so much more hostile about ruhle than it was for rivera in 2013


electro's horse
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Shotgun said:

In Ron's first two years we had a OROY and a DROY….we got anything like that with Rhule?

It could be argued that Chinn should have been DROY. if it hadn't been for draft position, he would have. Then Rhule takes one of our top defensive weapons and puts him at a different position where he has struggled to be even half as effective. That's just bad decision making. Kind of like getting a whole bunch of guys that can play multiple places on the oline, when they aren't injured for 3 games, instead of getting an actual LT, guard or center. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, frankw said:

It's been regularly mentioned bc it was that move that began the panic moves that followed in throwing a brinks truck at Bridgewater and gambling on Darnold only to end up right back where we started. Why can't you just speak on your issue with the man? He had a terrible game last Sunday I dropped him in fantasy like a hot potato after that poo. Where are these people giving him sympathy or fawning over him? Speak up.

I have no issue with the man.  I love him as a former Panther.  I just dont think hes ever going to be the answer at qb any more nor do I think signing him to a giant extension would have been the right move either, so I dont see it as a mistake that initiated a lot of panic moves.  Extending him would have been just as much of a panic move if not more so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, electro's horse said:

That team started out 1-3 and there was fuging blood in the water. 

The Panthers had just poo the fuging bed in Arizona coming out of a bye. They beat the hell out of the Cardinals but lost due to a hideous offensive gameplan. 

This was after starting 1-6 the season before, including one of the most gut wrenching regular season losses in team history that involved a 4th and short and a certain undersized safety. 

There were constant threads about firing rivera. 

In retrospect I don't think anyone can say that Rivera didn't come into a better situation. I mean yes he drafted Cam but that was a no brainer, and also a consolation pick. The team was also better when he inherited it, especially what ruhle inherited. 

 

And yet thinks are far more hostile now than they were then. 

So why is that? Obviously this was a decade ago, the internet as a whole had not yet grown as caustic. 

Why is Ruhle different?

Because Rhule is not an NFL coach at this stage in his career. He is simply not adjusting to the job as you would expect and is holding onto too many bad habits.
 

Rivera shed his bad habits for a while. Hell he took what was a middling roster besides the few obvious super stars and put together consecutive playoff appearances, including a Super Bowl appearances. 
 

Rhule has shown no adaptation or growth since last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just know i was pretty hostile to rivera back then. i wanted him GONE and i was pretty adamant about it. with rhule...i'm more apathetic about it. i want him gone, but i'm also resigned to the idea that he's probably going to be here next year and we're probably going to suck again and my reaction to that is...

Vintage Shrug GIF by Bernie Sanders 

i mean i just don't really care that much anymore. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I have no issue with the man.  I love him as a former Panther.  I just dont think hes ever going to be the answer at qb any more nor do I think signing him to a giant extension would have been the right move either, so I dont see it as a mistake that initiated a lot of panic moves.  Extending him would have been just as much of a panic move if not more so.

Sounds good. So can we move on from what he might have made two years ago? He definitely isn't going to get a big contract now so why even worry about it? I have no idea where his career will be a year from now but odds say his time as a long term starting quarterback is running low. If you care to talk about the QB evaluation skills of our front office to this point you know where to find me. Until proven otherwise that will continue to define this regime and it looks bleak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i just know i was pretty hostile to rivera back then. i wanted him GONE and i was pretty adamant about it. with rhule...i'm more apathetic about it. i want him gone, but i'm also resigned to the idea that he's probably going to be here next year and we're probably going to suck again and my reaction to that is...

Vintage Shrug GIF by Bernie Sanders 

i mean i just don't really care that much anymore. 

Rivera gonna be in the playoffs with Washington…again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

I have no issue with the man.  I love him as a former Panther.  I just dont think hes ever going to be the answer at qb any more nor do I think signing him to a giant extension would have been the right move either, so I dont see it as a mistake that initiated a lot of panic moves.  Extending him would have been just as much of a panic move if not more so.

This “giant extension” rumor was just that. The mistake that initiated everything was not letting him finish his contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

This “giant extension” rumor was just that. The mistake that initiated everything was not letting him finish his contract. 

I keep hearing this but have you any proof he would have done that?  From what I remember at that time the belief was he wasn't going to.  It doesn't matter at this point but the theories are all over the place with that story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I keep hearing this but have you any proof he would have done that?  From what I remember at that time the belief was he wasn't going to.  It doesn't matter at this point but the theories are all over the place with that story.

That he wouldn’t play out his contract? The proof is his entire career. He’s never been anything but the ultimate teammate. There’s no proof he was demanding an extension at all, much less a “giant one” and even much less wouldn’t play without one. 
 

edit: the belief that he wasn’t going to was based on some instagram comments that he wanted some commitment. That’s a huge gap from “wouldn’t play without a huge extension”. For all we know what he wanted was some verbal commitment or something. Speculation was running wild (as usual) with zero accountability. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That he wouldn’t play out his contract? The proof is his entire career. He’s never been anything but the ultimate teammate. There’s no proof he was demanding an extension at all, much less a “giant one” and even much less wouldn’t play without one. 

Whatever was behind the breakup it cost both parties. The reunion will not end much better I fear.  He will play out the string if he can survive this oline and both will most likely go their separate was once again.  What a mess this has become 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Whatever was behind the breakup it cost both parties. The reunion will not end much better I fear.  He will play out the string if he can survive this oline and both will most likely go their separate was once again.  What a mess this has become 

Yea, would have been nice to have a storybook ending, but either (hopefully) Rhule will be gone and the new coach will want to draft his own guy or Rhule will be back and it’s all doomed anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...