• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Football Talk on Matt Rhule

Toker Smurf

Tepper is not going to fire him this season we might as well quit talking about it. He won’t give up after two seasons because it will be like two wasted seasons when he said this is a 3-5 year process. I want him gone but anyone thinking Tepper has those brass balls are wrong. He doesn’t have the balls to fire him before he gets to year 3!

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 4

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Tepper is not going to fire him this season we might as well quit talking about it. He won’t give up after two seasons because it will be like two wasted seasons when he said this is a 3-5 year process. I want him gone but anyone thinking Tepper has those brass balls are wrong. He doesn’t have the balls to fire him before he gets to year 3!

It’s a 3-5 year process assuming you’re seeing progression not regression week after week.  He needs to fire him and move on

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

Yeah the whole "he wasn't available Saturday" thing is bizarre. All this time through the offensive struggles I assumed Rhule had to be in Joe's ear on the regular. But this is an example of what people have been talking about with lack of both accountability and clear vision.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Firing Rhule doesn’t necessarily reset the 3-5 year rebuild. We built up the D, we have (on paper) the right skill position players on O. Just need an oline and QB.

Heck, a new coach could potentially expedite the 3-5 years from this point if they can use this young roster to its strengths while rebuilding the oline

NFL rebuilds don’t take 3-5 years. By year 3 we should be in the playoffs. In year two we should constantly be in the hunt or a fringe playoff team, despite our record we are not. 
5 year rebuild is college speak where coaches get a lot more leeway. 
NFL fans don’t have the patience for a 5 year rebuild. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, NAS said:

It’s a 3-5 year process assuming you’re seeing progression not regression week after week.  He needs to fire him and move on

Hey I’m with you no doubt but Tepper is trying to prove he is right about something and so far he has been wrong about everything as an owner. So he will give Rhule a pass since he let Brady go. I don’t like it but that’s what will happen.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

sunk cost fallacy

If Rhule doesn't have it, which he clearly doesn't look to have it at all.....there is no point wasting more time with him.   

Parting with a HC after two years isn't some crazy and ballsy move in the NFL.   That is actually pretty normal in the NFL when a team gets stuck with someone he clearly isn't going to work. 

I looked it up and apparently the average tenure for an NFL coach is 3 years. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hey I’m with you no doubt but Tepper is trying to prove he is right about something and so far he has been wrong about everything as an owner. So he will give Rhule a pass since he let Brady go. I don’t like it but that’s what will happen.

If this teams loses down the stretch and goes 5-12 or even 6-11 and Tepper doesn't fire Rhule Tepper is an idiot. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Dude you have no clue what a billionaire and NFL owner is going to do. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If this teams loses down the stretch and goes 5-12 or even 6-11 and Tepper doesn't fire Rhule Tepper is an idiot. 

Yes. A complete shitshow on the offensive side of the ball and we have players like Terrance Marshall not even getting a jersey on Sundays. I think we can win Sunday and I think we might have a chance playing against TB at the end of the year because they will be resting people. I’ll also not be surprised if we go 0-5 to end the year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1