• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There could be quite a few HC openings this year

Cdparr7

Almost Certain:

1. Matt Nagy (CHI)- This was talked about last season looks like it’s time.

2. Joe Judge (NYG)- Dumpster fire, mixed with high expectations of New York Media/Fans.

3. Vic Fangio (Den)- Pretty bad last two seasons. Playoffs could save him but that’s thin.

4. Rich Bisaccia (LV)- After the Gruden firing, this guy is likely a placeholder. There’s a team there that Mayock and Gruden built, just needs a captain. Mark Davis will find some high profile guy for the role. I suspect Daboll.

Likely:

5. Mike Zimmer (MIN)- Has been there 8 years, not much to show for it. Missing playoffs almost solidifies it.

6. Brian Flores (MIA)- Was almost certain a few weeks ago but has taken the Dolphins on a win streak. Many in Miami believe if he doesn’t make the post season he is out. A lot to blame on personnel too with blown draft picks.

7. David Culley (HOU)- Hard to see him going after just one year but it’s been a bad one. Not having the franchise QB playing shouldn’t count against him but there are a lot of people in the Houston media saying he’s not a fit and want him out. 

8. Urban Meyer (JAC)- Complaining about FA process, Bar incident, Trevor Lawrence disagreeing with him on the James Robinson decision probably puts an end to it. Is his first year and a slight chance he sticks around again. Knowing his past jobs, wouldn’t be surprised if he left on his own.

9. Matt Rhule (CAR)

See Huddle threads for the past month.

Possible:

10. Dan Campbell (DET)- Guy has an attitude everyone seems to like, and it’s also a rebuild. Likely gets another year but they are also 1-10-1 and only scored more than 20 points once this year.

11. Kevin Stafanski (CLE)- Lots of rumblings that he’s lost the locker room and team is middle of a fall-out.

12. Mike Tomlin (PIT)- Not likely, probably just need a new QB and a rebuild. Tomlin has been there over 15 years. Pittsburgh don’t go through HCs but it could be the end of an era. 

13. Nick Sirianni (PHI)- Has the Eagles looking better. Bit of a dumbass in press conferences. Seen by a lot of the Eagles fans as a rushed hire after the Pederson firing last year. Likely to stay but still possible.

14. Arthur Smith (ATL)- Probably gets another year but the Falcons are almost worse off than us. 

15. Kyle Shanahan (SF)- Hasn’t done much since the SB loss. Probably keeps his jobs but these last 5 games depend heavily on that I imagine.

Retirements:

16. Pete Caroll (SEA)- Will be 71 next season. Rumors are Paul Allen’s widow isn’t happy with the team’s direction.

17. Bruce Arians (TB)- Will be 70 next season.

18. Bill Belichick(NE)- Will be 70 next season.

Now I’m not expecting all of this to happen but I would say 50% and that would be 9 openings. I remember a couple years ago when their were 8 openings and NFL media made a big deal because it was 25% turnover of head coaches.

Tepper may need to consider letting Rhule go early soon to get a leg up on the search or just go ahead plan on having him around next season to avoid getting scraps.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

We’ve got five more losses to go. I bet the tone will be different then. 

Hey I hope it does but I think he could lose out and still would be here. Tepper has no balls, everyone was taking about his brass balls. He needs to just sell team and stick with his English football.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Looks like a bad offseason to need a HC.  Just the Panthers luck. 

Yeah looks like this past year of needing a qb. Just not in the cards for us right now. I guess al we can hope for at this point is Brady to retire soon and hope Russell Wilson doesn’t come to NO. That would just be our luck!

10 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

7. David Culley (HOU)- Hard to see him going after just one year but it’s been a bad one. Not having the franchise QB playing shouldn’t count against him but there are a lot of people in the Houston media saying he’s not a fit and want him out. 

I wanted to take a second to talk about this one, because Houston is so dysfunctional right now.  Culley was brought in to be a yes man to the whims of Jack Easterby.  That's why they went with a guy that was completely off the radar and who would be happy just to have the gig - and not push back when Easterby wants to do something stupid like cut their starting linebacker in December for personal reasons.

Its a fascinating thing to watch because you have a team who has a guy in charge who cares more about being in charge and doing it his way than he cares about winning football games.  The guy spied on and outed his own starting quarterback.  WTF?

4 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Tomlin may have reached his shelf life in Pitt. I’d take him in a heartbeat here but I’ve read that genius Tepper didn’t like him. 

I doubt they move on from him but I'd be thrilled to have him here. Where did you read that Tepper doesn't like him?