• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing Out is the Way

43 minutes ago, Richard Cranium 1 said:

You are so right.

denver broncos no GIF

This play. People made such a big deal about it and I believe Cams reasoning for not diving on ball. The ball looked like it would pop right at his feet after 94 raked at it but 64 dived at it and it went a little behind Cams foot. This game to this day was rigged for Manning to win. As u can see Remmers man beats him every time. I blame Remmers for the loss and most of all coaches bc they left him on the island with great speed rushers which atl had expose in their 1 loss. They under estimated Denvers defense big time and had no plan against it. That play is not the reason the Panthers lost.

2 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

This play. People made such a big deal about it and I believe Cams reasoning for not diving on ball. The ball looked like it would pop right at his feet after 94 raked at it but 64 dived at it and it went a little behind Cams foot. This game to this day was rigged for Manning to win. As u can see Remmers man beats him every time. I blame Remmers for the loss and most of all coaches bc they left him on the island with great speed rushers which atl had expose in their 1 loss. They under estimated Denvers defense big time and had no plan against it. That play is not the reason the Panthers lost.

Still just part of the curse of the Panthers.

I don't give power to the curse by saying it but negating it by speaking positives. It can change, but you have to believe it can and has changed. I believe that Cam can make a difference, but this time coaches have to put him in the right position. He doesn't  have the Superman pure strength anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney's parting gift to us was Matt Rhule.

It's time to look around and realize much of what we are seeing is due to one man. Tepper wanted Rhule and he got him. The things he said about Matt clue you in to who was at the wheel. Remember this is a man who kept brass balls on his desk and has made it a point to be very visible to fans. He likes to be in control. Hopefully he's learned a tough lesson.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's time to look around and realize much of what we are seeing is due to one man. Tepper wanted Rhule and he got him. The things he said about Matt clue you in to who was at the wheel. Remember this is a man who kept brass balls on his desk and has made it a point to be very visible to fans. He likes to be in control. Hopefully he's learned a tough lesson.

I believe outside of our #1 fan of The Horsesh-t Method and a few others, most year would agree that Tepper is the biggest part of the problem.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Would it make you feel better if I told you that Cam should be here next year regardless of the outcome of the next 5 games?  Why?  What some of these guys can't get through their thick skulls is drafting a rookie QB this year is about as pointless as washing your hands before taking a crap instead of afterwards.  If I even have to explain why even further proves my point.

I'm not the biggest Cam advocate, and I surely don't think he's ever going to be pre-2017 Cam again, but I do believe he's the best option for a bridge QB until the 2023 draft.

This^^^^

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don’t get this bridge QB theory. That’s what got us Teddy and Sam and now not 2011-2017 anymore Cam. I agree that 2022 could be a ridiculous crap shoot for QBs but I don’t want a burger QB unless we take a 1st round QB and want him to sit behind Cam for a year. Last thing I’d want if we target 2023 for our QB is to win more games than we should. We’ve been limping along for 4 years since Cam’s arm was officially toast and we are no better right now in terms of QB (and OL) than we were with Kyle Allen. We’ve made 0 progress on anything except D and even that isn’t holding up now. I’m good with a sacrificial lamb behind this OL which won’t be any better next year since we’d be using our 1st on a QB and don’t have another pick till round 4. I mean we could use every pick on BPA OL and hope we hit a Daryl Williams or Norwell or Trey Smith, although we may still need a long snapper. 🤦‍♂️ 

“Bridge” not “burger” QB. Not really sure what I mistyped to get that autocorrect. 

So we tank Two years in a row is your objective?  We get the LT next draft and possibly a solid OG and with a new coaching staff (hopefully) build a culture and roadmap for a rookie QB in 2023.  Again, drafting a rookie in the first round and duct taping this OL is the very definition of insanity.  Build the OL and THEN get your QB. 

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Building the OL and passing on a franchise QB is the definition of insanity. If our GMs didn’t bungle the 2019, 2020 and 2021 drafts we’d be done. We had a chance at Erik McCoy, Elgton Jenkins, Tristan Wirfs, Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith instead of Little, Brown, Marshall and a long snapper.

Good OL picks are there every single year. Franchise QBs are not. Again, sign a bridge QB in 2022 to take the pounding and use every day 3 pick on OL and develop BC and possibly Brown and you should be able to build an OL with your 1st in 2023. Now your franchise QB from this year (hopefully) is ready to go.

Drafting an OL in the first of 2022 and limping along with a bridge QB could cost us a shot at a top 2023 QB.

I wanted to actually tank in 2020, which we didn’t do and the use of bridge QBs has hurt our draft slots and we’ve continued to bridge QBs and we are again hoping to lose out for a rookie QB or 1 top OL. We are doing a shitty rebuild and we are very unlikely to get out of the hole in 2022 since we threw away 3 good picks.

Ok, but living in the past isn't helping us now.  This year's QB class is pretty bad, but the OL class is loaded.  So we still take a mediocre QB over an O-lineman in the first round?  Save the yester-years diatribe, it's akin to spilled milk.  What's done is done.  This is about the future. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

So we tank Two years in a row is your objective?  We get the LT next draft and possibly a solid OG and with a new coaching staff (hopefully) build a culture and roadmap for a rookie QB in 2023.  Again, drafting a rookie in the first round and duct taping this OL is the very definition of insanity.  Build the OL and THEN get your QB. 

I agree. No rookie QB until the line is solid 

• Pie 1