• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing Out is the Way

Only way Rhule should have another year is if we win out. Not 4-1 or 3-2. He has to win out if I’m making that decision. He has fuged up too many times this season to get any leeway at all and put us in this mess with off-season decisions. I think that’s fair. ATL, Saints, Bills and Bucs twice. That’s 3 games against playoff teams. 

• Pie 1

The Panthers are cursed. We are Sisyphus. The Greek myth where he is punished in the underworld by the god Zeus, who forces him to roll a boulder up a hill for eternity. Every time he nears the top of the hill, the boulder rolls back down.

I don’t even care what they do anymore. I am getting too old to care after 20+ years of rooting for this team. It’s just better for everyone to not care to be honest. 

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I'm usually team tank at this stage but it's important we use these last few games to make the call on Cam going forward. Don't even care about Rhule or the playoffs. 

Would it make you feel better if I told you that Cam should be here next year regardless of the outcome of the next 5 games?  Why?  What some of these guys can't get through their thick skulls is drafting a rookie QB this year is about as pointless as washing your hands before taking a crap instead of afterwards.  If I even have to explain why even further proves my point.

I'm not the biggest Cam advocate, and I surely don't think he's ever going to be pre-2017 Cam again, but I do believe he's the best option for a bridge QB until the 2023 draft.

• Beer 2

27 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The Panthers are cursed. We are Sisyphus. The Greek myth where he is punished in the underworld by the god Zeus, who forces him to roll a boulder up a hill for eternity. Every time he nears the top of the hill, the boulder rolls back down.

I don’t even care what they do anymore. I am getting too old to care after 20+ years of rooting for this team. It’s just better for everyone to not care to be honest. 

You are so right.

denver broncos no GIF

We have to finished tied or worse than the Giants, who have the tie breaker over us and worse than the Bears.  Why?  The G-men have two first rounders (they own the Bears pick and if all other things stay the same as they are currently other than these three teams, we'd move up TWO spots in the draft.  One additional win could really spoil that scenario.

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

If we drafted Herbert my guess is that we wouldn’t have had the draft slot to get 3 1sts from the niners the following year. 

still though you’re right. Having Herbert changes the entire direction of this franchise. Matt rhule wanted to trade down, Hurney wanted Herbert. Matt rhule needs to be fired. 

And even if we didn’t trade up for Herbert, fine. This staff double downed on their stupidity and passed on fields for Darnold. Too many mistakes to keep this staff in place. They need to go.

People want Herbert now but most were trashing him pre-draft. For all the mistakes Hurney made over the years he could have drafted us two franchise quarterbacks within a decade if our owner didn't give full control to a college coach 🥴

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

People want Herbert now but most were trashing him pre-draft. For all the mistakes Hurney made over the years he could have drafted us two franchise quarterbacks within a decade if our owner didn't give full control to a college coach 🥴

I was one of those people. He’s a mega introvert and reports are he had teammates talk for him in team meetings in college. I liked his ability but that was a huge red flag for me. Won’t make that mistake again!

36 tds 10 picks and over 4K yards his rookie year? And it looks like he’s gonna put up similar or better numbers this year. Damn. Hurney needed to go but that would’ve been a nice parting gift. 

• Pie 2

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I was one of those people. He’s a mega introvert and reports are he had teammates talk for him in team meetings in college. I liked his ability but that was a huge red flag for me. Won’t make that mistake again!

36 tds 10 picks and over 4K yards his rookie year? And it looks like he’s gonna put up similar or better numbers this year. Damn. Hurney needed to go but that would’ve been a nice parting gift. 

Hurney's parting gift to us was Matt Rhule.

• Pie 1