• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore

PantherBoy95

He is an asset, what he has been doing is encouraging through the BS. I’ve watched the games didn’t need to see the stats, he’s dropped some as everyone else and remained a threat like……

nobody else.

He isn’t elite yet but with the environment he has had to be a part of..can you blame him? 

What personal best did you read he would accomplish?

Edited by CLG
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CLG said:

He is an asset, what he has been doing is encouraging through the BS. I’ve watched the games didn’t need to see the stats, he’s dropped some as everyone else and remained a threat like……

nobody else.

He isn’t elite yet but with the environment he has had to be a part of..can you blame him? 

What personal best did you read he would accomplish?

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/the-latest-on-d-j-moores-injury

"Moore is just 62 yards shy of recording his third straight 1,000-yard season. If he is able to play in the team's final four games of the season, there's a real possibility that he could notch career highs in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns in a single season. He needs 16 catches, 256 yards, and one score to set new personal bests."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

I wanted to let a few others get their thoughts off without jading the tone of the thread.  I think I'm just traumatized from having Steve Smith, because while I know Moore is good, and has potential. For him to be setting personal bests this year is surprising.  I just rarely see that WOW factor from DJ or that DOG in him.  But he's definitely a solid guy, and I think he'll eventually just make a great #2 in his career.

• Pie 3

With all the holes we have and making that decision to extend Robby before the season even started for whatever reason and having to pay Darnold we may have to let DJ walk or trade him.   He’s not worth elite money.  Go with Robby, Marshall, Shi, and a cheaper veteran and late draft pick.   Wait til we get a QB to start paying receivers again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/the-latest-on-d-j-moores-injury

"Moore is just 62 yards shy of recording his third straight 1,000-yard season. If he is able to play in the team's final four games of the season, there's a real possibility that he could notch career highs in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns in a single season. He needs 16 catches, 256 yards, and one score to set new personal bests."

That man finds a way to produce no matter what and people complain about his “fire”

he definitely stacks yards while it feels like he isn’t but that likely has more to do with the other first string players and coaches on the roster losing these games along with him. 

I’d love to see our offense without Dj and see what people say… especially with when CMC is hurt

Edited by CLG
  • Pie 4

Lock DJ up long term. He has a rugged build that helps him to take hits and keep on trucking. The last thing we need is to add another hole to a team that has holes everywhere. We have a number 1 WR on the roster and he needs to stay here. Rhule is not going to rebuild again, so there is no need to dump talent like DJ. Now this changes if Rhule is fired.

We will likely target another vet QB to come in and start, and draft a QB as well if we can find an ideal fit. The tear down period is over. If we let DJ walk then it's going to be a blood bath of dumping other vets and guys wanting new contracts. I don't see that happening.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Id honestly extend him or trade him this off-season. No middle option. 

my reason for extension, talented player that would be elevated with solid QB play (see Chris Godwin) 

my reason for trade, he could get us potentially two picks, if not a mid to late first. Right now where the team currently is positioned for assets in the draft, this could weigh more than his Sunday roster spot.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, CLG said:

That man finds a way to produce no matter what and people complain about his “fire”

he definitely stacks yards while it feels like he isn’t but that likely has more to do with the other first string players and coaches on the roster losing these games along with him. 

I’d love to see our offense without Dj and see what people say… especially with when CMC is hurt

I agree; there is just something about him that doesn't seem to be there that all elite receivers have.  And I could be wrong CB's around the league may look forward to matching up with DJ.  He just doesn't seem to have that 'IT' factor. 

The numbers are there though, and I mean those are what help get you paid.

• Pie 2