• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Cam holding ball too long

UNCrules2187

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Rhule: 'the OL played well today, this loss is on the QB.'

That has to be the most absurd statement ever.  My 5 year old daughter could tell our line sucks and she doesn't even watch football. 

Cam took a beating and teams know how to play us.  Stop 1st down run and bring the house on 2nd and 3rd and long.   

3 hours ago, MBronson said:

So what is considered "too long" ? 1.4 seconds? Because most snaps Cam couldn't even complete his 5 step drop before both edge rushers were in the QB pocket. Would love to see Rhule be this honest about PJ or Sam. 

5 step drop? Cam don't do that.  Cam played decent early.  The 4th and 2 screen to the turf, the underthrown ball the one time he actually attempted something down field and that interception at the end were embarrassing.  But I've noticed two or three bad habits Cam has developed.  Does not use his waning athleticism to move the pocket.  If he is running he is not looking down field nearly every time.  Also what is up with his handoff?  It's so slow.  I get it's a rpo type of situation but it telegraphs the play. It almost looks like the RB has to time his burst to whatever Cam is doing.  It slows the RB down.  Lastly his arm is not as strong.  Accuracy was never his game but his ball had zip. Now it's all short passes half of which don't make it over the outstretched arms of defenders.  Oline was also decent early but gradually started to get mauled by the bills defense.  If Erving was not waving people through like a turnstile the guards were ending up on there backside.   I saw more than one instance where the oline barely slowed the rusher down.  The entire offense is just plain ugly.  

• Beer 1

I agree Rhule should be fired for how this team is playing, but also for thinking  bringing Cam back and not knowing he holds onto the ball too long.  Anyone that has watched his career already knows he holds onto the ball way too long and when he does let it go more than half the time it is way off target.  He has never been an good passer and never will be and the older he gets it shows more each time he takes the field.  Teams are loading up and daring him to beat them with his arm knowing he cannot.  If anyone knows Cam it is Ron Rivera and we see that he had no interest when Cam was available.  Bellicheck, who knows more about football than anyone, went with a rookie over Cam.  All of these should have been the signs Rhule should have seen before bringing Cam back.  If he was so great teams would have been scrambling to sign him when he was on the market.  Bottom line it is a passing league and Cam sucks at that.  Rhule definitely needs to go, but do does Cam, his career is done.  

• Poo 1

I want to go on record as "indicating" that Tepper is holding Matt Rhule too long and he needs to get rid of that quicker. 

I Mena since Rhule seems cool with throwing any if our guys under the bus to make his own ass look better it's cool if others throw him under the bus as well. The team does not even play hard out there. He has lost them and if he continues to throw guys under the bus in press conferences they will start to revolt one by one. Some will want trades while others will just stop caring all together. Get his ass out of here and don't let him have another year to wreck this team at worse than he already has!

I think that throwing Cam under the bus is an act of desperation.  If true, I can see a coach getting mad--but not to the media.  Instead, this means Rhule feels the heat---when you lose the locker room, you lose your job.  This is the quickest way to lose the locker room.  It is as if he is trying to get fired.

• Pie 1

We had a winning coach with Cam who never threw him under the bus like this.

This coach of ours is looking pretty pathetic with that in mi d. We know Cam and what he’s capable of and Rhule here is talking about him like he’s not understanding our offense or a rookie. Rhule simply does not like Cam and Tepper forced the signing. And he’s looking idiotic and causing our franchise to become a flailing fart.

I made some critiques on Cam in an earlier post but he gave it his all yesterday.  Played gritty and tough.  I like this new Cams attitude, unfortunately his body is starting to betray him.   Placing blame on him is somewhat unfair.  Why is Cam the leading rusher?  The run game is non existent almost.  Can I get a play action pass?  It's unfair by Rhule to say Cam is holding onto the ball too long though cause from what I saw Cam did a decent job getting rid of ball quickly and not taking too many costly sacks.  Our qbs have been playing "hot potato" with the ball the last 2 seasons. Teddy dinked and dunked cause he was skittish behind our oline.  Sam's fragile confidence was crushed behind it.  Now Cam is trying to be Superman still but the oline is kryptonite.  

24 minutes ago, davos said:

We had a winning coach with Cam who never threw him under the bus like this.

This coach of ours is looking pretty pathetic with that in mi d. We know Cam and what he’s capable of and Rhule here is talking about him like he’s not understanding our offense or a rookie. Rhule simply does not like Cam and Tepper forced the signing. And he’s looking idiotic and causing our franchise to become a flailing fart.

Rivera did not throw cam under the bus but he did shorten his career by mismanaging serious injuries.  Also Ron and his regime never addressed the declining oline.  Lastly Ron ran CMC into the ground so... Wins will cover some glaring flaws.   

18 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Dave Chappelle Wow GIF

I loathe this man. He’s the worst coach to ever step in a coaches office here in charlotte. He’s completely inept and has no business speaking to the media anymore. He’s clearly a moron who just throws people under the bus. He was in charge of building this god awful offensive line and has the nerve to say cam is holding onto it too long.

im done with this team until tepper pulls the plug. Rhule and Tepper are killing my passion for this franchise. Tepper is here to stay, but there are no excuses to keep this jackass of a coach.