• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s this week or next

Cdparr7

We are looking at this as fans of NFL football and  of the game itself.  Im not saying I'm happy or OK with the job thus far by Rhule.

If we are so trigger happy to get rid of a coach in just 2 years, I think we MAY become less attractive to "Proven" coaches. I think it shows dysfunction in the organization. We just might end up getting another college coach.

Sure, you can get millions by being hired, but proven coaches have already earned millions. They are stuck in their ways, they don't want to pick up and move, only to move again in 2 years. I think the veterans of the game will also look for stability. If you want to keep hiring newbies, well keep firing coaches every 2 years.

While the Panthers as an organization have not fired coaches every two years, but if Tepper fires Rhule, well then he has since owning the panthers.

Just a different perspective, probably a huge reach. Just seems the most successful organizations have stability. Of course you can argue they have stability because they have success.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, PeteRozelle said:

We are looking at this as fans of NFL football and  of the game itself.  Im not saying I'm happy or OK with the job thus far by Rhule.

If we are so trigger happy to get rid of a coach in just 2 years, I think we MAY become less attractive to "Proven" coaches. I think it shows dysfunction in the organization. We just might end up getting another college coach.

Sure, you can get millions by being hired, but proven coaches have already earned millions. They are stuck in their ways, they don't want to pick up and move, only to move again in 2 years. I think the veterans of the game will also look for stability. If you want to keep hiring newbies, well keep firing coaches every 2 years.

While the Panthers as an organization have not fired coaches every two years, but if Tepper fires Rhule, well then he has since owning the panthers.

Just a different perspective, probably a huge reach. Just seems the most successful organizations have stability. Of course you can argue they have stability because they have success.

Rivera was here for 8 years, not exactly the same situation as Rhule. Sometimes if you know the HC is the wrong one, it’s not a bad thing to admit your mistake and move on.

As far as not being able to attract a good coach because of how Rhule was treated with only getting 2 years….what about Kyle shanahan going to the 49ers after giving Chip Kelly one season? Freddie kitchens only got one year and the browns cut bait and clearly upgraded with Stefanski. Mike malarkey only had 2 years in Tennessee, before they hired Mike Vrabel who likely will have his 3rd playoff berth in 3 years. Steve wilks only got 1 year from the cardinals before they ended up getting Kliff kingsbury. I know we have an inferiority complex, but I think we can and will do better than Matt Rhule.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1