• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers first round lock.

Zod

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Probably Howell. I think it’s close. Pickett is more polished, but Howell has more athletic ability so maybe a higher ceiling? 

Everything about this season has just seemed a little weird to me. 

Pickett makes me nervous because he hasn’t been good.  His college resume is basically his year as a 5th year senior.    I don’t want to draft a QB who played 5 years in college and was only good his 5th. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Do you guys have additional info on the arm talent? Pundits are saying he has a bigger arm than Herbert. At least from everything ive read. Sounds like you have both watched him play. I was sold when I read he was a faster stronger Herbert. 

I don't see the rocket launcher of Herbert in the little I've watched him.

• Beer 3

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Probably Howell. I think it’s close. Pickett is more polished, but Howell has more athletic ability so maybe a higher ceiling? 

I think Pickett is much better today but Howell has a higher ceiling. Pickett has less day one warts than Howell. 

Neither makes any sense for the Panthers. TBH.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pickett would be on IR by week 5.   Draft oline roll darnold out.  Let him take the beating and get a top 5 qb next draft.  This isnt fuging rocket science.  Rolling any rookie out there to start behind this line is insanity and will probably ruin them after a couple of seasons.  

With Rhule back he will know it’s playoffs or bust. I can’t imagine the impulsive decisions he may make as a Hail Mary to save his job going into next season 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Everything about this season has just seemed a little weird to me. 

Pickett makes me nervous because he hasn’t been good.  His college resume is basically his year as a 5th year senior.    I don’t want to draft a QB who played 5 years in college and was only good his 5th. 

Obviously not an exact match but the same argument could be made for Brady. Though he did have two OK years once he was put in. Though I don’t want to touch, hear about, or have anyone from Rhules pool close to this team ever again.