• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers first round lock.

Zod

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

Cam fell off a cliff as a passer from the abuse as a battering ram carrying our run game on his shoulders though. But we agree the theme has been simple mismanagement through now two different regimes. In that regard it may not matter who we pick either way. But I will hope for the best.

Good passing depends on two things outside of the QB's control ..

Receivers getting open and catching the ball. And protection. Time to throw.

The last two years, one or the other has been piss poor on Cam's team. Last season in NE it was the piss poor 'weapons' - this season it's the piss poor protection.

To use 2020, 2021 as evidence Cam's done is just idiotic.

Remember, 2019 - everyone said they don't even think Cam can stay healthy again. Well he stayed healthy all last year, and healthy this season.

Just remember we got rid of Cam the first time only because we thought he'd never stay healthy again. Cam is healthy.

54 minutes ago, Icege said:

I don't see Evan Neal getting passed the Jets if they don't retain Morgan Moses.

Between Pickett, Willis, Linderbaum, Ekwonu, and Cross we are bound to see an impact player in the first though.

I mean they just spent a pick on Becton who has struggled with injuries but looked good at times.  I doubt he falls to six but there is a path where it may happen.  I think no matter what we do we will have a choice of either Tyler L, Ikem, Neal, Cross and/or green.  I am convinced any one of those 5 dudes will dramatically make this line better next year.

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, BlueCheese said:

Good passing depends on two things outside of the QB's control ..

Receivers getting open and catching the ball. And protection. Time to throw.

The last two years, one or the other has been piss poor on Cam's team. Last season in NE it was the piss poor 'weapons' - this season it's the piss poor protection.

To use 2020, 2021 as evidence Cam's done is just idiotic.

Remember, 2019 - everyone said they don't even think Cam can stay healthy again. Well he stayed healthy all last year, and healthy this season.

Just remember we got rid of Cam the first time only because we thought he'd never stay healthy again. Cam is healthy.

Agreed the protection is atrocious. But with Cam like Sam even with time from the oline we struggle to push the ball downfield with consistent accuracy. Darnold's decision making is why he has been a bust to this point but Cam has not been the same passer on a consistent basis in years now. It hurts but that's the reality. We need to get our own next guy this year or next.

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

Agreed the protection is atrocious. But with Cam like Sam even with time from the oline we struggle to push the ball downfield with consistent accuracy. Darnold's decision making is why he has been a bust to this point but Cam has not been the same passer on a consistent basis in years now. It hurts but that's the reality. We need to get our own next guy this year or next.

When a QB is consistently hit and hurried the times there actually is a clean pocket doesn't matter as much. You already have the QB rushing mechanics etc.

Like Cam's underthrow to Moore would've been a 56 yard TD if Cam had confidence in line.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

certainly not the norm

Cards just got lucky they fell into the number one pick. Unfortunately for us we can't even do losing right and stumble ourselves into 5 wins and out of the top three. But don't kid yourself.  We're staring down the barrel of a quarterback carousel for the foreseeable future so if the thought of going QB in round 1 has you squirming you might just wanna close your eyes for a few years.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

Cam fell off a cliff as a passer from the abuse as a battering ram carrying our run game on his shoulders though. But we agree the theme has been simple mismanagement through now two different regimes. In that regard it may not matter who we pick either way. But I will hope for the best.

Yep I'd say it was both. Cam's role in Carolina from day one was to run for his life as our primary rusher and people act shocked that he didn't simultaneously develop into a precision passer. This is who we made him. Bro probably has visions of defensive ends getting at him everytime he closes his eyes now.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean they just spent a pick on Becton who has struggled with injuries but looked good at times.  I doubt he falls to six but there is a path where it may happen.  I think no matter what we do we will have a choice of either Tyler L, Ikem, Neal, Cross and/or green.  I am convinced any one of those 5 dudes will dramatically make this line better next year.

They played Becton at LT. Moses is their RT and is on a one year deal.

Now if they resign him and the Panthers think that Moton can line up at LT... 👀

Edited by Icege