• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold likely starting again for last few games

Saca312

9 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I feel for Sam.  He went from one shitty situation to another.  What he needed he could not get here. It also appears that he was playing hurt.  Just my guess but I think he played a game plus with shoulder fracture.  No one will succeed here with his Oline.  Sam is a classy guy.  I hope our fans are classy enough not to boo him but have my doubts about that.

Sorry for Sam, but I hope the boos rain down heavily and often. This needs to get as ugly as possible.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea its not the Jags situation by any means but its clear he is a college HC and doesn't have it. Most don't when they make that jump...

Talking to Jimmy Johnson and all that is fine if you are playing NFL football in nineteen tickity two. Everything has changed since then so not sure why a "progressive, forward thinking, analytics" type of guy would be looking that far back.

Oh and the %ages aren't there either for an analytics guy. I mean how many people have talked to Jimmy Johnson about what he did? Basically everyone who went from CFB to NFL...and how many have panned out? Maybe try talking to someone else lol or like not doing exactly what he did in not just a different era but actually a couple eras back in the game.

Rhule went into this poo with a part time OC and only 1 year part time work at that. Then his otherwise entirely college coaching staff...but Jimmeh did it! Come off it I hope that poo is long dead by now and we don't have to hear about it ever again it clearly isn't something you can "just talk to teh Jimmeh" and poo'll pan out for you.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Oh and the %ages aren't there either for an analytics guy. I mean how many people have talked to Jimmy Johnson about what he did? Basically everyone who went from CFB to NFL...and how many have panned out? Maybe try talking to someone else lol or like not doing exactly what he did in not just a different era but actually a couple eras back in the game.

Rhule went into this poo with a part time OC and only 1 year part time work at that. Then his otherwise entirely college coaching staff...but Jimmeh did it! Come off it I hope that poo is long dead by now and we don't have to hear about it ever again it clearly isn't something you can "just talk to teh Jimmeh" and poo'll pan out for you.

Jimmy did it in a time when there was no salary cap, under an owner who'd spend whatever was needed and with great benefit from what's widely considered the worst trade in league history.

Pretty much no way to replicate any of that...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Jimmy did it in a time when there was no salary cap, under an owner who'd spend whatever was needed and with great benefit from what's widely considered the worst trade in league history.

Pretty much no way to replicate any of that...

Yup exactly 

Basically trades like that don't happen because of THAT very thing

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

2022 Rhule:  Hold my beer...

Yeah, if there's another Herschel Walker type trade on the horizon (like say, for Deshaun Watson) I have a bad feeling we're on the wrong side of it.

Just have to hope Fitterer has enough wisdom and enough pull to keep that from happening.

Sadly, not so sure about the "pull" part.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am literally amazed at the Darnold stans in here. Holy poo. The level of delusion is bananas. 

Theres no stans. But im not sure how you cant see that going forward it makes more sense to give reps to the 24 year old with all the physical tools that we have to pay next year instead of the 32 year old with a broken down body

• Pie 1

Darnold is the worst QB in the NFL over the last 4 season, that right there is a fact and not debatable.

He makes his teammates worse, has gotten coaches fired, and will likely get multiple GMs fired.

Anyone who wants him to start or back next season is a low IQ moron that doesn’t know squat about football. They need to eat that contract and cut his him

• Pie 1
  • Flames 5

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm sure it won't be until 2022 at this point, but I can't fuging wait until Rhule's dumbass is out of here.  Every time I think he can't get any dumber, he goes and proves me wrong...  and again, it appears at this point that both he and Tepper are looking at more and more ways to alienate fans at every turn.

I feel the same.  I fully expect us to lose out the season no matter who plays qb. I'm going down to the saints game and I'd love to see Cam one last time.  Nothing against Sam, but in a sh!t show of a season the fans want to see Cam. We don't have the future  qb on the team right now so why not let Cam see out the end of the season?

• Pie 1