• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will be Fired if not Rhule?

Michael G

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I can’t see anyone else fired with 2 games left but I agree. Meyer should be the 1st among this group to go the minute the clock runs out on this dismal season.

What the four I mentioned have in common is they're not "his" guys, i.e. no prior connections from Temple, Baylor or anywhere else.

Also, outside of Don johnson, they all have available replacements already on staff who are "his guys".

OL Coach Pat Meyer - Assistant OL Coach Tony Sparano

TE Coach Brian Angelichio - Defensive Assistant Kevin Gilbride

ST Coordinator Chase Blackburn - Assistant ST Coordinator Ed Foley

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What the four I mentioned have in common is they're not "his" guys, i.e. no prior connections from Temple, Baylor or anywhere else.

Also, outside of Don johnson, they all have available replacements already on staff who are "his guys".

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I’d be okay with Sporano but not sure about Gilbride and Foley. We certainly could use new blood at those position posts. 

21 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I’d be okay with Sporano but not sure about Gilbride and Foley. We certainly could use new blood at those position posts. 

Gilbride is the son of Kevin Gilbride Sr, the Giants OC when Rhule was there (also infamous for being the uy Buddy Ryan slugged on the sideline). Rhule was said to have wanted him for the TE coaching job before hiring Angelichio. Don't remember why he didn't get him.

Foley was Rhule's Special Teams Coach at Baylor.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gilbride is the son of Kevin Gilbride Sr, the Giants OC when Rhule was there (also infamous for being the uy Buddy Ryan slugged on the sideline). Rhule was said to have wanted him for the TE coaching job before hiring Angelichio. Don't remember why he didn't get him.

Foley was Rhule's Special Teams Coach at Baylor.

Angelichio came from GB where their TE production has mostly been solid at least. The issues at TE are more about the lack of talent outside Tremble and the offensive scheme and personnel in general IMO. Foley has a good reputation with ST and I’m sure it can’t get much worse than it is now. Outside of the defense, there needs to be major changes regardless.

2 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Angelichio came from GB where their TE production has mostly been solid at least. The issues at TE are more about the lack of talent outside Tremble and the offensive scheme and personnel in general IMO. Foley has a good reputation with ST and I’m sure it can’t get much worse than it is now. Outside of the defense, there needs to be major changes regardless.

Remember when Rhule said Ian Thomas was having a great offseason?