• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's working, you just can't see it"

Mr. Scot

Just now, Kraybrothers said:

He can get Igo & Mr. Scot as his assistants 

I assure you, you don’t want that. As for being critical, I apologize if that rubs you the wrong way. If you feel the current trajectory is satisfactory, I’m not gonna argue with you. I hope you had a good holiday season, and thanks for the feedback.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, ellis said:

I assure you, you don’t want that. As for being critical, I apologize if that rubs you the wrong way. If you feel the current trajectory is satisfactory, I’m not gonna argue with you. I hope you had a good holiday season, and thanks for the feedback.

I don't want it, either.

I want the Panthers job to go to Nathaniel Hackett.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the jay-z line is something you tell nineteen year old college kids. i guarantee you any player above 25 in the locker room are nodding their heads but rolling their eyes the second he leaves the room.

trash can his ass 

Rhule already had his 7 years at Temple and Baylor, he probably used the same line to brag about getting the Panthers job

15 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

With each passing week and presser from Rhule, it becomes clearer and clearer that he has never faced this kind of expectations before. All of his college jobs have been programs that were in the cellar or in turmoil and expectations weren't that great. In the NFL, it's magnified 1000x and Rhule is in unfamiliar territory. He is grasping at anything just to say something. I think Rhule just sucks at game planning and is not an X/O's guy. The only "culture" and "process" he is building is a losing one. 

This sums it up perfectly.

The college game is won by having the best players so a rah rah culture works.  The coach is a salesman who brings in the top guys and can coast for most of his wins.

With the draft & salary cap, the NFL is very balanced so coaches have to out think / out work their opponents with the X/O's.  Here's where Rhule is out of his element and is obviously struggling.  

Rhule is going to have to either completely transform how he does his job (unlikely) or be honest with himself and realize he's just a good college coach and nothing more.   

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

This sums it up perfectly.

The college game is won by having the best players so a rah rah culture works.  The coach is a salesman who brings in the top guys and can coast for most of his wins.

With the draft & salary cap, the NFL is very balanced so coaches have to out think / out work their opponents with the X/O's.  Here's where Rhule is out of his element and is obviously struggling.  

Rhule is going to have to either completely transform how he does his job (unlikely) or be honest with himself and realize he's just a good college coach and nothing more.   

Don't forget, he never beat any actually good college football teams. He only won two games vs. ranked opponents and those two teams (Navy and ECU) dropped from the rankings after losing to Temple on their way to .500ish seasons.

Matt Rhule is a fraud. Tepper is gonna have to swallow the very bitter pill that he got duped.

• Pie 6

19 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

The dumb thing about his analogy is that it didn't even take Jay-Z seven years.

I said it in another thread, but watching that live was so cringe.  The reference was awkward, out of place, and just seemed like a throwaway from someone who has no effing idea what they're talking about.  Dude is out here trying to give us Jay-Z bio bullet points but when he was asked earlier in the season in a presser what is the one concert he would want to go see if he had the choice of any performer, he said Dave Matthews Band.  I'm not trying to stereotype, but I have a feeling the guy who considers DMB as a lifetime bucket list experience isn't all that well-versed in Jay-Z, nor Roc-A-Fella's (the "agency" he referenced) origin stories...  but, hey, the freshmen at Baylor ate it up!  I'm sure it will work here, too!

You can't make this poo up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1