• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says Darnold will start Sunday

trueblade

So, when Darnold fumbles or throws an INT when it involves the OL running into him, will he bench Darnold like he did Cam?

Nah. I think he'll let Darnold turn the ball over multiple times and still keep him in the game. He is just hoping Darnold can have a good game and carry a win with a sieve of a defense just one time so Rhule can hang his hat on that poo.

Kyle Allen proved to be better than Sam Darnold. Cam Newton has proven to be better than Sam Darnold.

The reality will be Rhule riding Sam and PJ into the ground with all their poo play. He does not want Cam to look better than either of his QBs while coming off the couch and working with a limited playbook.

I believe we all agree Sam has lost his starting job weeks ago.

Rhule has ended the careers of several players over the past 2 seasons. Bridgewater knew he needed the coaches to shape up or he had to run as fast as he could to have any shot at prolonging his NFL career.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, stbugs said:

3-4 years? Maybe as a short yardage/pre-2021 Taysom Hill, but he’s not going to be a starting QB again. I’m not sure if you’ve been watching but Cam has looked really bad. It wasn’t incorrect when posted in the game thread that as bad as Sam is, he looked better throwing the ball than Cam last week.

Also, we aren’t winning the NFCS any time soon. We’ve got too many holes, including QB, and we don’t have enough picks to fill them with good enough players.

I’m not sure if you’ve been watching but the team has been putrid, there’s not a qb in the nfl that would have had a winning record with what we’ve collectively put on the field the last 5 weeks. 

half these post there’s zero context, I mean the guy played a game without a fg unit, in which if we had said fg unit we might have actually won 

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I love Jake too but to even whisper that Jake was a better player is blasphemy.

Cam is a better player than 2003 Jake and looks to have 3-4yrs if he plays his game correctly as he has. 

That being the case why not reload the offensive line, play QB1, go back to 4-3 base, put Chinn at LB, draft somebody to play besides D Brown, make Phil Snow interim, hire Rod Chudzinsky as assistant head coach (cheap/inhouse solution) and let's go after the NFCS. 

Current Cam better than 2003 Jake? Nah

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Oh Peppers is an underachieving guy as well 

He should of made us forget Deacon Jones and Bruce Smith were ever born.

But he didn't have the drive for that.

Peppers is top 5 all time in sacks, forced fumbles and INTs by a DE in NFL history.  If it was a tracked stat then you probably could add FG blocks too.  

hard to call him underachieving.   He simply had the same demeanor that DJ Moore has.  And people see that and claim that must mean less effort than a guy that shows emotion.  

Peppers is our hall of fame lock by a large margin 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Peppers is top 5 all time in sacks, forced fumbles and INTs by a DE in NFL history.  If it was a tracked stat then you probably could add FG blocks too.  

hard to call him underachieving.   He simply had the same demeanor that DJ Moore has.  And people see that and claim that must mean less effort than a guy that shows emotion.  

Peppers is our hall of fame lock by a large margin 

I know he's top 5. But he had the physical gifts to be the GOAT by a large margin.

That's underachieving. 

10 hours ago, X-Clown said:

It’s so stupid because Jake himself would admit that Cam was a far better QB than him. But some guys like Catsfan see a lot of their self in the plucky aw shucks underdog without as much natural talent and can’t identify with the confident strong guy who goes against their stereotypes of what a QB “should be”. You can tell where they are going as soon as they start throwing out win/loss records as an individual stat but somehow discounting being MVP of the entire league.

Almost guaranteed this guy would have been more comfortable with Derek Anderson than Cam in his prime. You will continue to see this when potential QBs are discussed this off season, they don’t want any QB who isn’t a pocket statue because they’re “less accurate” and “can’t read a defense” and will immediately compare every QB that fits that mold to Brady even though he is the exception rather than the rule in this day and age.

Absolutely spot tf on

37 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I know he's top 5. But he had the physical gifts to be the GOAT by a large margin.

That's underachieving. 

Peppers statiscally might be the GOAT by a fair margin as is....if you look at the position from a well rounded aspect.   Because he is top 5 in basically everything.   The others aren't. 

• Pie 1