• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Joe Brady

CRA

The way the Brady cut happened too according to Rhule makes me thing Brady was more than ready to cut bait here, without it just being him quitting. I’m sure if he did an anonymous interview now we’d probably hear some serious poo that went on. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They'll probably install a playbook off of Madden. 

And that would do fugging wonders for us. If we could attempt a 35 yard pass at least twice a game, the other team would have to respect it. So far our napkin playbook can’t even win in paper football, especially when your thumpers broken.

Its like our offense comes from Oodles of Doodles.

Edited by philit99

I wasn't a fan of Brady's situational play calling, but I still think he couldn't implement all of his playbook due to the offensive line (Moton excluded) not being able to hold a block long enough to allow WR routes to be ran.

Also, after Sam started seeing ghosts he had to deal with that element of his QB having happy feet and forcing throws - not looking at his progressions because well the o-line.  CMC going down didn't help things either.

Brady was a scapegoat pure and simple. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I wasn't a fan of Brady's situational play calling, but I still think he couldn't implement all of his playbook due to the offensive line (Moton excluded) not being able to hold a block long enough to allow WR routes to be ran.

Also, after Sam started seeing ghosts he had to deal with that element of his QB having happy feet and forcing throws - not looking at his progressions because well the o-line.  CMC going down didn't help things either.

He was, but he also was in over his head.  I think that he'd be good on a staff with tons of NFL experience and ideally with a successful former OC to learn from. But I think this was just too big a jump for him.  He'll land on his feet some place I bet.

He frequently got plays in too slowly and he seemed totally unable to adjust to anything defenses did in 2 seasons, which was a huge problem. Players were frequently out of position and it was clear we weren't practicing for critical moments like the red zone enough... He failed to take advantage of what we had too.  As the team regressed in year 2, coaching seemed to really be at fault.  He really relied heavily on a healthy CMC...

• Pie 2

Brady sucked…just because the interim guy we replaced him with sucks even more, doesn’t change that.

And if you’re gonna excuse some of Cam’s performance issues because he was still learning the playbook, then maybe we should do the same for the Running Backs coach who just inherited an entire playbook that he had no hand in creating. Like Brady, I think Nixon is in over his head.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, jerrya said:

Not really,  Tom Brady couldn't do much with the installed offense.  There was no time to change it so Nixon has to go with what he was dealt. 

Exactly.  You aren't going to install a new offensive system in a week.  

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

Sam also can’t make plays in rhythm and make the right throw.   So a well called play ends up looking like garbage. 

then everyone looks at Brady.  Earlier his year there was a good breakdown on Sam not being able to do rookie basics like that by Simms I think 

• Pie 1