• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interior OL

ncfan

21 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That's leadership and coaching right there.

Ryan Kalil always had our protections right, no one has really taken up that mantle since.

And that right there.

is why I think the Iowa Center should be our pick.  After we trade down.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That's leadership and coaching right there.

Ryan Kalil always had our protections right, no one has really taken up that mantle since.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

And that right there.

Paradis has been in the league for a while and actually has been a good center for part of his career, I seriously doubt our problems are as simple as protection calls.  Our problem is talent.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Paradis has been in the league for a while and actually has been a good center for part of his career, I seriously doubt our problems are as simple as protection calls.  Our problem is talent.

Our problem is talent. I love the C from Iowa, but you rarely get a chance at an elite LT. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

And that right there.

I'd rather get a LT, because those are so insanely hard to come by. Plus, you know any trade down would have us draft some ignorant poo in the 2nd or 3rd round that we just don't need. 

In a perfect world, I could get behind that. With these dopes, just take the layup and grab a Neal/Cross/Ekwonu. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd rather get a LT, because those are so insanely hard to come by. Plus, you know any trade down would have us draft some ignorant poo in the 2nd or 3rd round that we just don't need. 

In a perfect world, I could get behind that. With these dopes, just take the layup and grab a Neal/Cross/Ekwonu. 

If we end up picking 5th or 6th don't you think we will still be able to get one of those 3 LTs even with a trade down to around 10?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

If we end up picking 5th or 6th don't you think we will still be able to get one of those 3 LTs even with a trade down to around 10?

Maybe. But I also don't think there is much chance of one of the teams at 8-12 really wanting to trade up to 6. If this was a QB heavy draft, sure. The bulk of the really elite players at impact positions are going to go before us. 

I think the legit scenarios to trade down aren't going to be in the 10-15 range, more like the bottom 10-12 of the first round. If that ends up being the case, it's probably not worth it to us unless we get a massive haul. 

I just don't want to see them get cute like they tried to in the last draft and end up with a bunch of guys that aren't gonna make an impact, project players or really poor positional value selections. 

• Beer 2

LOL.  That picture is just so bad.  Kalil the White Buffalo, and pre-big money Trai Turner are sorely missed.  It sucks because Oher looked solid at LT until he got that weird concussion against the Vikings early in 2016.  Don’t think he ever played again.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PandaMan said:

LOL.  That picture is just so bad.  Kalil the White Buffalo, and pre-big money Trai Turner are sorely missed.  It sucks because Oher looked solid at LT until he got that weird concussion against the Vikings early in 2016.  Don’t think he ever played again.  

It's crazy that just 6-7 years ago we had probably the best IOL in the NFL. Yeah our tackles kinda sucked but an our IOL was GOOD.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Maybe. But I also don't think there is much chance of one of the teams at 8-12 really wanting to trade up to 6. If this was a QB heavy draft, sure. The bulk of the really elite players at impact positions are going to go before us. 

I think the legit scenarios to trade down aren't going to be in the 10-15 range, more like the bottom 10-12 of the first round. If that ends up being the case, it's probably not worth it to us unless we get a massive haul. 

I just don't want to see them get cute like they tried to in the last draft and end up with a bunch of guys that aren't gonna make an impact, project players or really poor positional value selections. 

This is what too many Huddle GM's just don't understand.  Sure, ideally we'd trade down and recoup some picks.  But this year?  The draft just isn't going to have the compelling reasons for other teams to trade up.

We also know how Fitt thinks.  He believes - rightly or wrongly - that the first 15 players are really where the impact players are.  He's not going to want to come out of that top 15 unless he gets more than value for the pick. 

And who is there in this draft that is worth moving up for?  Detroit and Houston could both legit take a QB there, if they fell in love with one.  Not the year for it, but QB is the one position that you probably reach for.  Maybe even the Giants could take a QB if they no longer believe in Jones.

I just don't see it.  We're going to have to pick at six.  If some QB shows out before the draft in some way, he'll be gone before six.  Other than that, is there a guy worth going up for?  I don't know who.

• Beer 3