• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Harbaugh might be tempted to go back to NFL

SuperBowlBound

If he says yes to coaching in the NFL it's a no-brainer. He should be #1 on Teppers list. This guy has done it as a coach and player.

Same background as Ron Rivera as a player under Ditka but a QB. Toughness would be the first requirement with Harbaugh. You won't see a minute on that field playing soft.

• Pie 1

They tried to trade him to Cleveland and then it all fell apart stuff really got weird. Players were having criminal charges and there were nasty leaks in house.

I know not all of that was him but I do have reservations about the guy. A HC that doesn't or can't work well with others is not something I need more of at this time. 

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They tried to trade him to Cleveland and then it all fell apart stuff really got weird. Players were having criminal charges and there were nasty leaks in house.

I know not all of that was him but I do have reservations about the guy. A HC that doesn't or can't work well with others is not something I need more of at this time. 

If that applied to a guy now on the streets. He's gotten rave reviews at Michigan so that most recent assessment may be more correct. 

He had a stellar career in the NFL as a head coach in spite of all that and went to a Superbowl as an NFL HC. Who else has his resume? He's not Fhules gold.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

If that applied to a guy now on the streets. He's gotten rave reviews at Michigan so that most recent assessment may be more correct. 

He had a stellar career in the NFL as a head coach in spite of all that and went to a Superbowl as an NFL HC. Who else has his resume? He's not Fhules gold.

And ppl around here complain  about Culture and the effects Rhule has on the player and all the coddling.. Not to many coaching candidates and Coordinators are coming with a Culture and instant respect..

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

That's the thing, control in school is god level. The fugging towns will hide criminal activity for the team, it's that big. The NFL is a lot harder. Saban comes to mind, he was built for school.

He was a very effective HC in the NFL, I just don't know enough details to be comfortable with him. I didn't like his GM who had the owner on a leash but the 49ers did some weird stuff back then. I have reservations and unless we start talking to him I'm not going to do any research. 

I would look at Leftwich, also a former player. It may be too soon but that's a guy with a small resume that I see much more positives than negatives. I also don't see potential bagage that is a red flag for a dysfunctional organization, which we sure look like right now. There would be options if we wanted to not be awful next year. 

• Pie 1

If you want to win now (1-2 seasons), then it is Harbaugh. If you want to wait (3-5 seasons) then someone else. Harbaugh can get more of what we have, while a new coach will more than likely require more players and scheme adjustments. Last I looked winning curse most problems. I want a winner, do you want a winner?

Edited by philit99

Instant respect in the locker room. Michigan hasn't suffered from him being there, just the opposite so the past doesn't look like it was all him.

People talking about "leader of boys" need to remember he played and coached(with great success) in the NFL. This is a professional. The resume stands.