• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Back -- What It Might Look Like

SetfreexX

So with things essentially set with us picking at 6, and at best 4th if miraculous wonders are worked, how would you feel about the compensation below. 

Miami acquired the No. 6 overall pick and 156th selection (fifth round) from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 12 pick (acquired in the trade with the Niners), No. 123 (fourth round) and a 2022 first-round pick, Philadelphia announced.

Moving to 12th, added a 4th in the same draft, and a first the following year. I know many were speculating trying to recoup a 2nd and possibly a 3rd, with no real ''top tier'' QB talents like we saw in 2021 what will we be the value of the 6th pick, and what will we be able to recoup in a trade back; or would we trade back multiple times in the first, or after in order to do so. 

• Pie 3

If someone wants to leap WAS and ATL to assure Pickett (edit: or Corral), we are a spot to target.  

Likely candidates being DEN (11), MIN (12), & PIT (17).  Denver does have an extra pick in the 3rd.  I don't see many other scenarios unless let's say it's a closer trade-up for a non-QB prospect.  Thing is we're sandwiched by both NY teams who have 2 firsts, one of them could trade back with their 2nd picks as well and a lower asking price than what we'll require so we're kind of in a sh*t spot. 

Going to be a weird position to be in.  

Edited by davos
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, davos said:

If someone wants to leap WAS and ATL to assure Pickett (edit: or Corral), we are a spot to target.  

Likely candidates being DEN (11), MIN (12), & PIT (17).  Denver does have an extra pick in the 3rd.  I don't see many other scenarios unless let's say it's a closer trade-up for a non-QB prospect.  Thing is we're sandwiched by both NY teams who have 2 firsts, one of them could trade back with their 2nd picks as well and a lower asking price than what we'll require so we're kind of in a sh*t spot. 

Going to be a weird position to be in.  

Pickett is Rhule’s guy. 

1 minute ago, Kraybrothers said:

Pickett is Rhule’s guy. 

Will Rhule survive Monday, January 10th...aka ''Black Monday''

That's what this will all boil down to, and even if Pickett is his guy, we have cap with some names to secure long term (Moore, Jackson or Gilmore, etc.) so money for OL will be limited in free agency to some degree. 

We almost don't have a choice in regard to trading down to make sure we can acquire some top OL talent since we don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year, and I doubt if we did it's outside the top 15, Fitterer was quoted if memory serves talking about the drop off around that point in the first. 

I am truly intrigued to see what happens this off-season, we have a lot of talent at some key spots, the OL, and QB play really held us back, I'm honestly impressed with what the defense did all things considered.

• Pie 3

Yeah, but you also have to be careful passing up good players to acquire more on day 2 and 3, it's a balance, SEA trades back a lot and their drafts overall have not been great these past few years if memory serves off the top of my head aside from Metcalf.

Fitterer IMO had an impressive draft, but Rhule / the staff not getting guys like - TMJ, Christensen, Shi, and Brown on the field more while Tremble at least saw some work is what really concerns me.  

All of them showed well from what we got to see from camp / pre-season, yet our 2nd round pick TMJ hardly ever seemed to be involved in the offense even though we spend a good amount of time in 11 personnel. 

• Beer 1

When Miami moved down from 3rd to 12th the deal was.

Miami Receives: 

2021 12th overall pick

2021 3rd round pick

2022 1st round pick

2023 1st round pick

San Francisco Receives:

2021 3rd overall pick

We could get a nice ransom if things fall right.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I have zero interest in watching our GM trade down all of the 2022 draft simply because he traded away our 22 draft picks. 

I'm putting that trade on Rhule, Scott facilitated the request. If we feel good about Christensen at LT, I'm ok with 1-2 first round trade backs to put us in position to address IOL with multiple day 1 / 2 picks. 

Fix the OL IMO has to be a focus this off-season, if you can pass pro / run block everyone gets a little bit better.

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

Miami Receives: 

2021 12th overall pick

2021 3rd round pick

2022 1st round pick

2023 1st round pick

San Francisco Receives:

2021 3rd overall pick

3 to 12, not 6 (where we are) to 12; and that trade up was for a QB most people at that time was thought to have the highest ceiling.

Pickett, Corrall, Howell, Willis, and Ridder -- I don't think anyone is going to come out of pocket ''like that'' to move up for one of them. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Miami Receives: 

2021 12th overall pick

2021 3rd round pick

2022 1st round pick

2023 1st round pick

San Francisco Receives:

2021 3rd overall pick

The Panthers never do smart things like this. They have become one of the dumbest franchises in the NFL. I’m surprised how stupid this team has been given the supposed genius self made Billionaire as the owner.