• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Vic Fangio is fired from the Broncos I think he should be interviewed for DC

hepcat

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They still have to work together though.

But again it circles back to the question, if you have to go to this kind of extreme to save your head coach from himself, why you keeping him?

Well if they fire Rhule I’m on board with Fangio as the DC even moreso. Time to get some NFL experience back on this coaching staff.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Well if they fire Rhule I’m on board with Fangio as the DC even moreso. Time to get some NFL experience back on this coaching staff.

Pretty sure Fangio runs a 3-4. I know he did when he was here as DC under Capers.

We've got some elements that could work in that scheme. I know some think Brian Burns would be better suited to that.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree. Opposing teams figured out how to attack Snow's schemes about four or five weeks into the season.

We've concentrated a lot of our personnel acquisition on the defensive side, which is probably the only reason we still look even halfway effective there at all.

Seems to me most of the "attacks" have been "wait until the panthers offense screws up and we can get an easy score" 

I will say that we struggle against balanced offenses, but then with the way the rules favor the offense these days, that is going to happen with 95% of all defenses.   

IMO, the Aints probably have the best defense in the NFC, definitely the best in our division.  Yet they got lit up by the Eagles/Bills and to a lesser extent by Cowboys consecutively at one point this year.  This isn't the old days.   Good defenses can give you a shot at winning, they can't dominate like they did in the 70s and 80s.  And our d gave us a shot to win in multiple games this year, and for the most part, the offense failed to take advantage.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Seems to me most of the "attacks" have been "wait until the panthers offense screws up and we can get an easy score" 

I will say that we struggle against balanced offenses, but then with the way the rules favor the offense these days, that is going to happen with 95% of all defenses.   

IMO, the Aints probably have the best defense in the NFC, definitely the best in our division.  Yet they got lit up by the Eagles/Bills and to a lesser extent by Cowboys consecutively at one point this year.  This isn't the old days.   Good defenses can give you a shot at winning, they can't dominate like they did in the 70s and 80s.  And our d gave us a shot to win in multiple games this year, and for the most part, the offense failed to take advantage.

The offense has been putrid no doubt but our vaunted defense hasn't looked the same since Dallas ran all over us and it's been downhill ever since.

Honestly, the defense isn't the issue. It showed major strides, but when the offense is turning the ball over and getting three and outs, it's not good. Snow's scheme got less aggressive midway through the season for some reason besides fear of getting beat deep, which is stupid. We just need an nfl experienced offensive coordinator that's not fuging jason garrett.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure Fangio runs a 3-4. I know he did when he was here as DC under Capers.

We've got some elements that could work in that scheme. I know some think Brian Burns would be better suited to that.

Totally agree. He seems to run a scheme that could fit the personnel the Panthers have.

19 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Dallas has run over a lot of defenses this year.  For example, 56 against WTF and 35 points and 445 yards passing against the Pats.  It happens.  

If it was just Dallas that would be one thing but as I noted in my original post, the Panthers have given up 100+ rushing yards in 9 games this year, all losses. They gave up 150+ in 5 games. You rarely win games giving up these types of numbers in the run game.

Dallas - 245.

Minnesota - 198 

New England - 151

Washington - 190

Tampa Bay - 159

The Giants, Dolphins, Bills, and Falcons all topped 100 yards as well.

Let's not sit here and say this was a good defense.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If it was just Dallas that would be one thing but as I noted in my original post, the Panthers have given up 100+ rushing yards in 9 games this year, all losses. They gave up 150+ in 5 games. You rarely win games giving up these types of numbers in the run game.

Dallas - 245.

Minnesota - 198 

New England - 151

Washington - 190

Tampa Bay - 159

The Giants, Dolphins, Bills, and Falcons all topped 100 yards as well.

Let's not sit here and say this was a good defense.

The defense is soft. It has been all year, we just played some even softer, or more injured, teams early on. And we've played a few stinkeroo teams along the way as well.

But that's a soft bunch. Not as soft as our offense, but still mushy.

And Fangio? I always think a HC that just lost their position needs to take a full year before diving back in. They need some time for reflection, introspection and innovation. They can learn a lot from their failures, but they need time to process it.

If the Denver staff is canned - the first thing that should be done is to call Mike Munchak and make him an offer he can't refuse to coach the OL. Dude is one of the best in the business and always has his talent outperform how good they really are. Pat Meyer is one of the biggest donkies in the NFL - that should be the first pink slip when the clock hits zero on Sunday (besides Rhule of course)

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, t96 said:

There's really no reason to replace Snow, he's done a nice job with a very young D. Not perfect by any means, but his D is in one of the worst situations in the entire league. Offense that can't sustain drives, ST that sucks and a HC that has no in-game situational awareness. Snow isn't even a part of the issue here honestly.

I tried this logic already in another thread.  No one here wants to hear this, its just full crybaby mode.  You are 100% correct in my book tho.

• Beer 1