• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players still defending Rhule

Smithers

All this talk about Rhule being a smooth salesman... why does he constantly come off sounding like a bumbling idiot then?

I think we just have to accept that he sold a confirmed idiot GM in Marty Hurney and a neophyte NFL owner with minimal football experience on bullshit high school football platitudes and talk of culture and they were too dumb to see through the smoke and mirrors to understand there was no substance behind it. Selling fools doesn't make you a great salesman.

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

If former players were sticking up for Rhule too, I'd say we may be wrong. But seeing former Panthers who are inside the building, or have access to guys inside the building, be about as vocal as possible about the coaching on Twitter? Seems like a red flag to me and they're probably voicing the "real" talk from current players who feel like they can't. 

Smitty, JStew, Tre Boston, feel like even Charles Johnson at one point on Twitter have all said things. I've posted here that I've heard Luke hates Rhule.  Feel like our current players might like Rhule the person, but doesn't mean they like Rhule's coaching and can't really question it in the media. 

I have no idea if it's true that Luke "hates" Rhule but it wouldn't surprise me at all. He sure was quick to bail on that scouting gig. Luke strikes me as someone who is very matter of fact with a pretty low tolerance for bullshit. Fatt Rhule is 100% bullshit.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea if it's true that Luke "hates" Rhule but it wouldn't surprise me at all. He sure was quick to bail on that scouting gig. Luke strikes me as someone who is very matter of fact with a pretty low tolerance for bullshit. Fatt Rhule is 100% bullshit.

Yeah Ron had his faults but he's somebody who played in the league for an iconic coach and has a ring.  That commands respect in an NFL locker room.

Matt Rhule... yeah, no

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Yeah Ron had his faults but he's somebody who played in the league for an iconic coach and has a ring.  That commands respect in an NFL locker room.

Matt Rhule... yeah, no

Yep. He was a longtime player. He was a longtime NFL assistant coach. The man understands NFL football and how to deal with NFL players and NFL organizations. Matt Rhule is trying to replicate a mid-major college environment in the NFL with predictable end results.

I saw the entire team on Friday and they looked loose. I even watched some of the defensive walk throughs. They looked like normal, getting ready for a game. It doesn't feel like a bad environment. I truly believe when people don't know the real story, every story put out there is believed. 

They have work to do and people have to make steps in the right direction so we'll see. Some things obviously didn't work out. Some did. Since we all can't do anything about it, we have 2 choices. Support them no matter what as a fan or jump off and find a new team to root for.

It's like at a company, some people love the new boss and some don't. I am just gonna give it time. Maybe in college it took 2 to 3 years to turn around a program, but learning the NFL and its ways may take a little longer. We've got nothing to lose but to see. It's not like we were doing anything really good since 2016 on anyway. Tepper did say it could take 5 years when he hired Rhule. There's no reason to not believe someone who's had success at 2 different colleges couldn't do it in the NFL, he just may need a little more time. We don't want a flash in the pan, one great year and then back to square one. They, and fans want a consistent winner.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, musicman said:

I saw the entire team on Friday and they looked loose. I even watched some of the defensive walk throughs. They looked like normal, getting ready for a game. It doesn't feel like a bad environment. I truly believe when people don't know the real story, every story put out there is believed. 

They have work to do and people have to make steps in the right direction so we'll see. Some things obviously didn't work out. Some did. Since we all can't do anything about it, we have 2 choices. Support them no matter what as a fan or jump off and find a new team to root for.

It's like at a company, some people love the new boss and some don't. I am just gonna give it time. Maybe in college it took 2 to 3 years to turn around a program, but learning the NFL and its ways may take a little longer. We've got nothing to lose but to see. It's not like we were doing anything really good since 2016 on anyway. Tepper did say it could take 5 years when he hired Rhule. There's no reason to not believe someone who's had success at 2 different colleges couldn't do it in the NFL, he just may need a little more time. We don't want a flash in the pan, one great year and then back to square one. They, and fans want a consistent winner.

😂

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

This is what blows my mind - we have heard Gilmore, Cam and Reddick show support for Rhule recently.  Add Burns to that list, with Shaq and Abdullah also reaffirming the culture is good.  

Maybe Joe Person is blowing smoke, trying to get clicks for The Athletic at a time when the future of that organization is in doubt after the buyout.  Who knows for sure..but the players sure are standing up for Rhule right now.  I’m curious how many team leaders Tepper has spoken to and if that has factored into his decision.  

Im not a fan of Rhule, and think he should be fired.  Just found this interesting and putting it out there for conversation.  

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/35995/brian-burns-matt-rhule-100-the-coach-to-turn-carolina-panthers-around

I've often wondered about player monetary gains.  They are contract workers paid by the organization.  What hampers an owner, business person, etc. to give a gift to a player?  So, if someone wont's to stack the deck for or against the coach with some monetary gain what prevents it?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Doesn't matter. All that needs to be said or seen has been on the field. When other struggling teams are out there motivated and lighting us up while we are going through the motions something is off. You can say the locker room is fine but when teams like the Giants and Dolphins are flat out dragging us up and down the field that is the only thing people remember. Hey even the lowly Jets took a lead on the Bucs into the fourth quarter while they took us to the woodshed. How are we lower than the Jets? 🤦‍♂️

Very good point.

1 hour ago, Martin said:

It is not often you hear leaders on the team say bad things about their current coach in public. Doesn’t really mean that much imo.

Or any players in general…they don’t do it because they have no control over it.

Hell, in any profession…would some people unhappy with others at their employment have the opportunity to announce it to the world would they really do that? 

My bet says 90% NO. 

it amazes me how someone can possibly make it in life not understanding media, coachspeak, playerspeak, read between lines,  etc etc

I mean it must be one hell of a rough life.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, musicman said:

482BBEE7-C7FE-4B38-889A-084FF021EC0C.gif.a9c9640e3887d6b9ca7b176ac53cc866.gif