• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At number 6 the Carolina Panthers select...Charles Cross???

PanthersGOATFan336

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

How many times do we hear that? Also, C just doesn’t have the value that LT has. Top 3 PFF C (Humphrey, Linsley and Kelce) are 2nd (right after Marshall), 5th and 6th rounders. Bradbury was lauded in 2019 and went in the middle of the 1st. McCoy was picked one slot after  our original 2nd round pick we used to trade up for Little. McCoy has been a way, way, way better C.

We would have a much better OL picking LT at 6 and using our 2023 2nd rounder on a C than pick 6 on a C and 2023 2nd on a LT.

I don't remember the last time I heard a center being lauded as a generational talent?  Even the best are going in the 20s.. if you have thats projected as a top 5 pick yhats saying something. I'm not saying I disagree with you on traditional value. But this guy is special.

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Guess we have to wait and see what they do in the off-season and what they plan on doing with Brady. 

I could easily see them trading down and getting a tackle in the 2-3 rounds.

No that's the opposite of what we need to do. When he spoke on serious investment this is what he ment. Not another basement trade down bargin hunt like Christensen or even Marshall for that matter. Take the studs.

Edited by micnificent28

In an ideal scenario, Brady and Deonte would become solid starters at the LT and RG spots. Moron would continue to hold the RT position. We could draft Tyler Linderbaum at number 6 and watch him become the top center in the league for the rest of the decade, and then snag a high quality LG that drops to the 4th round and start him in 2022.

PRESTO...a rebuilt offensive line with 4 new starters for the 2021-2022 season with very little damage to our salary cap.

Edited by SCO96

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

In an ideal scenario, Brady and Deonte would become solid starters at the LT and RG spots. Moron would continue to hold the RT position. We could draft Tyler Linderbaum at number 6 and watch him become the top center in the league for the rest of the decade, and then snag a high quality LG that drops to the 4th round and start him in 2022.

PRESTO...a rebuilt offensive line with 4 new starters for the 2021-2022 season with very little damage to our salary cap.

That would be a good long term plan, but short term it leaves Sam at QB. Rhule is definitely on the hot seat, so I don’t see him going long term (which is why it was dumb we didn’t fire him).