• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers brining back PJ Walker

Zod

Am I the only person who actually likes bringing PJ back?

I actually think he is the exact type of player we want as our 3rd/practice squad QB.

He never should dress or step onto the field unless it's a real emergency situation, but I think his skill set is kinda exactly what you want from a scout team QB with how many running QBs are out there in the NFL right now.  

We want someone like him for the defense to prepare each week against.

Sure, we might be able to find someone better to play that role, but I'm sure he was signed to a minimum contract and could just get cut in Camp.  But I think he's just fine to have on the 90 man squad on a minimum contract for Camp and possible practice squad during the season. 

I highly doubt the intent is to have him be the backup next year, he's a camp body and/or practice squad

Edited by tukafan21

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Hey, if it’s a sign that we aren’t going to waste money on FAs in a year we know we’ll suck, I’m all for it. Get me 3rd round comp picks for Reddick and/or Donte (one might be a 4th) and get me the top pick and then get Rhule gone.

Sadly, it’s a sign we are just a trainwreck. 

Now watch them go do some really dumb deals.  I’d be willing to bet some of the upcoming ones make the Robbie deal look good.  

Really worried about what Reddick and Jackson and what they might do.   Not sure Marty himself would have even done Robbie’s deal. 

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Am I the only person who actually likes bringing PJ back?

I actually think he is the exact type of player we want as our 3rd/practice squad QB.

He never should dress or step onto the field unless it's a real emergency situation, but I think his skill set is kinda exactly what you want from a scout team QB with how many running QBs are out there in the NFL right now.  

We want someone like him for the defense to prepare each week against.

Sure, we might be able to find someone better to play that role, but I'm sure he was signed to a minimum contract and could just get cut in Camp.  But I think he's just fine to have on the 90 man squad on a minimum contract for Camp and possible practice squad during the season. 

He is our backup QB.  Have you been watching the Matt Rhule era?  Sam the starter.   They are running it back.   Just with a run first OC and then thinking CMC will finally get healthy. 

This is great!..............we need a QB who is will handle 2nd down and short on our second offensive drive of every game in 2022 and he fits the spot perfect.....

......now if we could just get a different QB under center for each separate down on the first two series on offensive in each game in 2022 we'd be in tall cotton at the end of the year.................O line won't even be needed to be beefed up at all.

Rhule is brilliant........he is going to change the NFL.........just watch, wait and see.