• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster Control

NAS

Just now, Harbingers said:

I don’t trust Rhule to play players he doesn’t want to either though. See Cam. 

Yes but at least that’s on him, This way he hides behind “collective” decision nonsense like picking up Darnold’s 5th year option. It was pathetic that he didn’t show any accountability yesterday 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Rhule should have been fired, but if you’re going to retain him at least take away his final roster control and let Fitt and Morgan get the personnel right.

I don’t trust Rhule to make any personnel decisions

Agreed, I don't think Rhule should be in charge of any roster type decisions because he has proved he isn't good at it. Actually I don't think the dude should even be trusted to make a decision like what flavor of donuts in the employee break room let alone coach a professional team but I guess we are stuck under clown boy's leadership for another season. But hell yes, strip his ass of any decision that is roster based because he has proven he can't evaluate talent worth a crap. There are many huddlers I think may be able to evaluate talent better than Rhule in fact.

• Pie 1

Tepper is shook. He went all in on a guy full of hot air because he bought into him hook, line, and sinker. Now it's obvious that guy was a fraud but Tepper is too proud to swallow that bitter pill just yet. Either that or he's still a true believer. I'm not sure which scenario is scariest for the future of the Panthers but they both paint a pretty bleak future.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

He can't evaluate talent or coach it up. Sadly it wouldn't change enough by taking all roster decisions from him. He fugs up enough on game day to offset better roster building.

This offseason already sounds like a mess waiting to happen. First up, hiring an OC that will help Rhule save his job. The offsrason roster stuff is sure to be entertaining again this offseason it looks like.

58 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He can't evaluate talent or coach it up. Sadly it wouldn't change enough by taking all roster decisions from him. He fugs up enough on game day to offset better roster building.

This offseason already sounds like a mess waiting to happen. First up, hiring an OC that will help Rhule save his job. The offsrason roster stuff is sure to be entertaining again this offseason it looks like.

True, but it at least prevents him from screwing up the organization for future years and having Fitt in full control of the roster may give the next head coach a fighting chance to turn things around more quickly.

3 hours ago, NAS said:

Rhule should have been fired, but if you’re going to retain him at least take away his final roster control and let Fitt and Morgan get the personnel right.

I don’t trust Rhule to make any personnel decisions

If it’s in his contract, there’s only one way of “taking away” that roster control.

And considering how invested Chubby Tepper seems to be in Rhule, do you really have much doubt at this point that said roster control is contractual?

7 minutes ago, NAS said:

True, but it at least prevents him from screwing up the organization for future years and having Fitt in full control of the roster may give the next head coach a fighting chance to turn things around more quickly.

That is purely speculation sadly. I get it's probably better than Rhule but there are heaps of evidence from their first year for heavey skepticism.

I personally think it's same difference. Fitts just looks more NFL experienced, I have have serious doubts about his abilities. His trade happy butt makes me very nervous. He went all in at 3-0, made right now trades and mentioned playoffs. He could do a lot more damage to next years high picks. 

I'm putting my hope in the complete cleaning house of 2023 right now. Maybe Fitts earns respect or he is just more of the same, substandard. Just talking good isn't enough for me at this point. We will see shortly. 

• Pie 1

The issue with Fitterer is nobody can know what he could or couldn't be on his own bc he accepted a role here as for better or worse a yes man to Matt Rhule. Knowing he doesn't have full control shouldn't be a reason to just absolve him of his part in this disaster especially given the resources we have used in a short time. Everything I've seen and heard so far does nothing to indicate the power dynamic in our front office will be changing at all. I don't see anything from any angle here that is encouraging for the future if things remain as they were.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1