• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dennis Allen probably....new Saints HC

Jmac

He has a meeting with the Bears for the HC position. If the Saints have any brains (unlike our team), they should jump the line and sign him before they do. He would be the best choice for them. Meanwhile back in Panther land.....we are stuck in reverse.

Edited by Jmac

4 hours ago, Jmac said:

He has a meeting with the Bears for the HC position. If the Saints have any brains (unlike our team), they should jump the line and sign him before they do. He would be the best choice for them. Meanwhile back in Panther land.....we are stuck in reverse.

We are not in reverse. We are in our prime you just can't see it. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Hes a good choice and able to keep the Payton success going for another couple years. Main issue is whos the new play caller and whos the QB with 70 million over the cap??

Theyve had a top 5 D for the last few years, glad they choked in the playoffs so many times!!

Vikings have done us a few solids in that regard, I’ll forever have a soft spot for them because it.  New play caller is a great question, though.  

watch them promote Allen to HC and hire Joe Brady as OC

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

What are your thoughts on this Payton thing? 

I mean honestly it sucks because I remember what that uncertainty was like pre-Payton, not eager for that potentially to return. 😅

On the opposite side, I’m glad he was able to come to this decision this early and not wait until late-February/early-March to make the announcement after all the other coaching vacancies have been filled leaving a very small selection pool of applicants out of house.

Certainly grateful for the unprecedented run he gave us after the futility we endured before his arrival, but if he’s burnt out on coaching then I can’t hold that against him. Maybe he’ll be back, but if he decides to coach again for another team then they better be ready to pony up high draft picks AND star players if they want him.

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Hes a good choice and able to keep the Payton success going for another couple years. Main issue is whos the new play caller and whos the QB with 70 million over the cap??

If Allen is promoted to HC like I believe he will, then Carmichael likely remains in his role as OC and we continue running the same system. Other than Brees, only Carmichael has that much of a grasp on Payton’s playbook to be able to run it. Ryan Nielsen (DL) or Kris Richard (DB) will likely take over DC responsibilities.

Only way I don’t see Carmichael calling plays is if he decides to retire too (he’ll be 51 this season and he’s been coaching since he’s 23) and we hire another offensive minded coach out of house. I think Mrs. Benson, Dennis Lauscha, and Loomis will try to keep as much continuity as possible with such a big change as this.

As for QB, I think they’ll likely re-sign Winston considering how well he started to look before being injured unless they can entice one of the big fish (which would’ve been more likely had Payton still been here, not as much so without him).

23 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Something tells me that's why Payton is stepping down.

He/they did resign Hill and he still dipped....... This is a chickenshit move but no media will call it that. I do worry that a real health issue is at hand, he got coofus twice. I did hear Florio has he was headed to dallas in 2019, like baggs packed, agreed to trade/contract and it hit some werido NBA AD deal happened. 

Even with the cap issues, they got a better team than panthers&failcons. They got a real pro-bowler level player at ALL groups except QB and TE.