• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cincinnati Bengals

OceanPanther

Two years ago the Bengals had the worse record in the NFL. They drafted a talented QB in the first round to lay the foundation for the rebuild. He played well last year, but missed half the season due to a torn ACL. Now with only 2 years in the NFL, and only a year removed from a season ending injury, Burrows and his young first time coach are headed to the Superbowl...despite a mediocre/poor pass blocking O-line.

Contrast that with Carolina. Two seasons ago we were more talented than Cincinnati. On paper, we had good draft classes in 2020 and 2021. Yet, we are worse we were before Burrows enter the league.

No one expected a rebuilding Carolina club to make a SB in year 2, although the Bengals proved it could be done. But, we should see progress, not regression.  I hope Mr. Tepper sees what a real rebuild looks like.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'm saying it, Joe Burrow is the next Tom Brady.

He’s definitely showing some of the same ‘ice in veins’ characteristics. No one can question his command of the offense. 

Watching him and Chase work makes me feel good about letting Brady go. It would be pretty difficult to perform poorly with those two as a foundation. Not to mention the other weapons that LSU team had. 

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'm saying it, Joe Burrow is the next Tom Brady.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, Burrows should be in the thick of things for the next decade.

Unfortunately, he may have a more difficult road than Brady did. Tom played in a joke division (AFC East) for most of his career. Burrows will have to deal with Lamar Jackson and the Ravens twice a year. And, the Browns seem to give the Bengals fits. Cleveland swept them this year. If Cleveland had a solid QB, on paper they may actually be the more talented team.

The he'll have to deal with either Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen in the playoffs. Brady had two playoff foes in the AFC, Peyton Manning and Joe Flacco. The former beat him 3 times in the AFC title game. And Flacco beat him twice in NE in the playoffs. Big Ben and Phillip Rivers were never obstacles for Brady in the post season.

I tend to agree that he may be on the verge of becoming the top QB in the AFC, but the battle for that spot is going to be fun to watch over the next several seasons.

The AFC of the 2020's reminds me of the NBA from 1980-1990. 3 teams won multiple titles during that stretch (Lakers, Celtics, and Pistons). The 76ers only won 1 (1983), but lost to the Lakers on 80 and 82. I can see that happening in the AFC this decade.

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Don’t mean to rain on the parade but it’s been more than a two year turnaround…

76291233-B050-4E81-920E-403A4FF3FC10.jpeg

The coach, Zac Taylor, is only in his 3rd season. He didn't get his franchise  QB until the 2020 season. It's been a 3 year process for Taylor and a 2 year process for Burrows.

Their rebuild is eerily similar to what Bill Walsh did in San Francisco. He took over in 1979 and went 2-14. Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round that year. In 1980 they were better and finished 6-10. In 1981 they won their division with a 13-3 record and went on to win the Superbowl against... THE BENGALS!!!

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Top tier QB who i'm rooting for but his cinderella story is coming to an end against whatever defense makes his life hell in two weeks

he'll be fine. he's been playing behind an offensive line that has made every defense look like the best in the nfl all season long.

• Pie 1