• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alright screw it, take Pickett

RumHam

While everyone wants to comp Burrow to Pickett because of their size, age, and internet buzz; there is a MAJOR difference between the two:  Burrow is a straight up baller.  Burrow has the professional arrogance and processing ability to make great plays.  Pickett has better physical tools, but he's not on Burrow's level of confidence and decision making. 

Pickett is interesting.  And someone we should strongly consider at 6, but on the flip side, he's not going to be a Joe Burrow for us.  He's going to be Kenny Pickett.  A guy who can make all the throws, is a good athlete, but who isn't as cerebral as Burrow.  It's going to depend on the coaches if they can develop him.

Now if people start trading up for QBs in the top 5, let's try to get on that trade down energy.  We need more than a rookie QB.  We have legit needs a long the lines.  We could use talent everywhere.  This draft doesn't have the quality of QB that we're looking for.

So to me, let's look at him, but let's also make good choices for the rest of the team.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, WOW!! said:

You want to do the Big Swing upside play right now.. These 2 are the most physically gifted QBS in this draft... Low floors very high ceiling... These are the only 2 battling Burrows, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert in a few years in  this draft..

Agree 100%. Both are big arms QBs who carried shaky rosters throughout the season. Both had terrible lines and kept their teams competitive. I think Howell might have a higher floor (more polished passer, better competition), but Willis has the highest ceiling (stronger arm, better overall athlete). 

Allen was a wasted pick his first year and even Mahommes was questioned after his first year. I don't know if Lance is going to make the leap but the fact they are actively trying to trade Jimmy G while in the playoffs with him shows what that organization thinks about Lance. I wish we could take that kind of prospect and develop him but that is a fantasy with the coaching crew we have and the position they are in.

Taking Picket just guarantees we will be picking another QB within 2 years if we make that mistake.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No.

Look, I'm not a scout - I just summarized several things I read online.  The general consensus is that Pickett has above average athleticism compared to Burrow's sneaky athleticism.  Pickett has a stronger arm, and Burrow knows how to work with all of his tools.

I'm just trying to make sense of the desire to copy the Bengals, considering that Pickett is not the same level of prospect Burrow was coming out due to the intangibles.

1 minute ago, d-dave said:

Look, I'm not a scout - I just summarized several things I read online.  The general consensus is that Pickett has above average athleticism compared to Burrow's sneaky athleticism.  Pickett has a stronger arm, and Burrow knows how to work with all of his tools.

If those people have actually watched both players and come to that conclusion, stop paying attention to their opinions on football.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Corral is built like my niece and just as fragile not what you want with suspect line play. 

Wills and Howell have bigger upside and both are built like tall RBS..

Corral has injury concerns, can’t deny that.  Lots can change between now and the draft so all these things will become clearer.