• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule….

Panfan35

5 minutes ago, davos said:

Better bet is either the Minnesota or Iowa State coach goes to UM and Rhule goes to one of those schools. 

So you're saying Rhule turned down shots at USC and Oklahoma, but he's going to jump for Minnesota or Iowa State? I don't find that to be a likely outcome.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Look at some of the coaches UM has hired. Personally, I think they could do better than Rhule but I believe most Michigan fans would be excited about this hire unless they live in Charlotte. 

Why would Michigan fans be excited about a bumbling NFL HC that is drowning? 

Look at Harbaugh's resume coming in.  His college and NFL resume makes Rhule look like a chump.  That's a hard sell. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Why would Michigan fans be excited about a bumbling NFL HC that is drowning? 

Look at Harbaugh's resume coming in.  His college and NFL resume makes Rhule look like a chump.  That's a hard sell. 

Rhule has name recognition and now NFL ties. They would probably be more excited about him than they would hiring a coordinator they’d never heard of. 

not saying it would work out but I think we are all agreement that Rhule is better suited for collegw

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

So you're saying Rhule turned down shots at USC and Oklahoma, but he's going to jump for Minnesota or Iowa State? I don't find that to be a likely outcome.

I doubt he’s getting a top program at the rate he’s going. It’d be better for him to jump before he bombs any worse.

Just now, davos said:

I doubt he’s getting a top program at the rate he’s going. It’d be better for him to jump before he bombs any worse.

Minnesota and Iowa State both have solid coaches in place that I would keep over Rhule. PJ Fleck is a guy to keep an eye on when the Carolina job opens up in a couple seasons. 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Minnesota and Iowa State both have solid coaches in place that I would keep over Rhule. PJ Fleck is a guy to keep an eye on when the Carolina job opens up in a couple seasons. 

I’m saying those coaches (Fleck & Campbell in particular) are the hot names being eyed for Michigan right now so one of those programs will be next with a vacancy.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

We are just talking heads, we have no idea how to run a football franchise. Its amazing how much productive time we waste on this message board to gripe about poo we know little to nothing about within the four walls of a franchise.

However, we do latch on to every little thing media and twitter says as they contort it and remove context. Then we run with it likes its truth and live with that. Then we bitch and complain until we are winning again, but even then we find the smallest thing to gripe about. This is our society today. Such a lovely time to live in.

Yeah, If Rhule turns things around, people here are already setting themselves up for potential excuses. It's a nice luxury to use hindsight, combined with making poo up, to seem correct all the time.