• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TheWolverine.com: “Matt Rhule tops Michigans wish list, sources confirmed”

Kraybrothers

40 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

No he don’t know anything lol. Rhule isn’t leaving if that was the case we wouldn’t have hired some of the staff already.

I’m still gna remain positive, he did hire them before all this Harbaugh talk and like others have said, we haven’t made a decision on DL coach. 

1 hour ago, BullCityP said:

U must have forgotten how this conversation started. Someone stated that Bieniemy was horrible and he would be a failure and I asked what made them think that. It's not about me making a case for Bieniemy there are plenty examples of coaches getting jobs before him where he was better qualified for the job, for Pete's sake the Giants hired a freaking Special teams coordinator over him a few seasons ago!! We all know black coaches don't get the chances that white coaches do there is no disputing that so we can talk in circles to end up back in the same place. 

It doesn't matter to me how it started - my initial question was to you based on your comment. It's a question that you still haven't answered, but that's fine. Like I said there I was mainly asking to play devil's advocate. You then brought up the current guys that got hired instead of him and I responded showing that they are more experienced and that may equate to better qualification, particularly since he doesn't have full responsibility over the offense and it's not clear (at least from the outside) how much he carries in the offense.

I fully agree that race unfortunately plays a role in these things, but it may be more difficult to discern with a candidate like Bieniemy that doesn't seem to have a clear-cut resume. No doubt though that it hasn't stopped other hires before.

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You do realize that McAdoo has a better career win percentage than Rhule right?

As shitty as it would be, it would STILL be an upgrade.

That's how bad Rhule has been.

Yeah people complaining they got a raw deal as a head coach honestly need to look at Ben McAdoo. 

2016 - Thought of as basically the next Sean Payton. Savant OC goes to the Giants and wins 11 games as a first year HC. Goes to the playoff in his first year as head coach. 

ONE YEAR later Eli starts showing his age and he sucks. He RIGHTLY benches Eli even if they didn’t have a good replacement. Bc Eli was terrible. The fan base cries bc….Eli. He gets canned after two seasons PROBABLY bc he told the Giants to cut bait with Eli and draft Mahomes or Allen. 

So…everyone wanna talk about a raw deal for a head coach???? Look at McAdoo. Case closed. He’d be an upgrade over Rhule imo as long as he could find a DC to replace Snow. I’d put money on us being better in 2022 under McAdoo and a new system than we ever have been under Rhule. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’m still gna remain positive, he did hire them before all this Harbaugh talk and like others have said, we haven’t made a decision on DL coach. 

Eh hiring the DL coach don’t make or break anything. Hiring the OC and oline coach I think solidified Rhule staying which sucks. We have to face it we have another year with this guy

1 hour ago, BullCityP said:

I wonder who put that "doesn't interview well" narrative out there? Probably the same ones who put out that Flores is "hard to work with!! Come to think about it have you EVER heard of another candidate that was reported that he "didn't interview well??🤔

I don't recall another candidate ever having the level of scrutiny surrounding why he hasn't been hired as a HC as Eric Bieneimy. It's possible he didn't have a good interview with the Falcons. This was put out last year after he interviewed with the Falcons. Again, how much truth there is to that I don't know but it isn't unheard of for someone to have a bad interview.

Sticking your coach with a QB he doesn't want could make him hard to work with. But then again, Ross is one of the worst owners in the NFL and I would much easier believe that Ross was hard to work with than the other way around. 

Before Rhule was hired, I thought we should have interviewed Bieniemy. You can have a poor interview and it not be any reflection of your ability to do the job. Matt Rhule evidently nailed his interview to the tune of 60M and look at what he's doing. Bieniemy and Flores (if possible) are 2 of the names I am hoping we interview if Rhule ever hits the bricks. I think both could be capable of doing well given a good GM and the proper talent. Will that materialize. Who knows. But if I'm trying to build a winning franchise and make it worth even more money, then yeah, I'm looking at every possible candidate. 

19 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Eh hiring the DL coach don’t make or break anything. Hiring the OC and oline coach I think solidified Rhule staying which sucks. We have to face it we have another year with this guy

It doesn’t matter, he’s staying at Michigan, we are stuck with Rhule until he is fired. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't recall another candidate ever having the level of scrutiny surrounding why he hasn't been hired as a HC as Eric Bieneimy. It's possible he didn't have a good interview with the Falcons. This was put out last year after he interviewed with the Falcons. Again, how much truth there is to that I don't know but it isn't unheard of for someone to have a bad interview.

Sticking your coach with a QB he doesn't want could make him hard to work with. But then again, Ross is one of the worst owners in the NFL and I would much easier believe that Ross was hard to work with than the other way around. 

Before Rhule was hired, I thought we should have interviewed Bieniemy. You can have a poor interview and it not be any reflection of your ability to do the job. Matt Rhule evidently nailed his interview to the tune of 60M and look at what he's doing. Bieniemy and Flores (if possible) are 2 of the names I am hoping we interview if Rhule ever hits the bricks. I think both could be capable of doing well given a good GM and the proper talent. Will that materialize. Who knows. But if I'm trying to build a winning franchise and make it worth even more money, then yeah, I'm looking at every possible candidate. 

Word is when the people interviewing Bieniemy and his past rap sheet is the topic, he responses poorly. Hes known as a guy thats too truthful as well, that may not do well in the after game pressers and also maybe the same for them not liking the answers.