• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on 2022 QB Class

BurnNChinn

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Except Trubisky was a winner at QB and there was tangible improvement in their offense when he played vs Foles/Fields. 

I mean, I can't help your personal biases. That's a you thing.

Trubisky had his moments and he can get hot and torch people but he is also extremely inconsistent and plagued by the crippling downfalls most gunslingers are.

He's unlikely to ever be a full time starter in the NFL again.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

You’re brilliant. 

It’s about improving our team. You bring in Trubisky because he’d be the best QB option on our roster. 

Yeah but that is a sinking/floating turds scenario. Cam was better than Darnold too but not better enough to actually matter. 

Wouldn't be drastically different with Trubisky. He's definitely better but is he a 10+ win QB here? Extremely unlikely. 

So, here are the top 15 QBs in the draft and the direction of their draft stock/NFL interest.

Malik Willis: Falling; Kenny Pickett: Falling; Desmond Ridder: Falling; Sam Howell: Falling; Carson Strong: Falling; Matt Corral: Falling; Bailey Zappe: Falling; Aqeel Glass: RisingJack Coan: Rising; Brock Purdy: Falling; Cole Kelley: RisingChase Garbers: RisingKaleb Eleby: Rising; Skylar Thompson: Falling; EJ Perry: Rising.

The pool is tightening up. I expect we will see 10/11 of them drafted.

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

Why? Strong didn’t look like a good QB against draftable talent. Why weaken your OL by trading down and picking a QB who isn’t going to be a successful NFL starter?

I’m going out on a limb after that performance that you could trade back and pick up a 2nd round pick and probably get yourself into position to get a really good OL at 10-13 AND whatever QB you want. The question is….why would you? Just stay put and take BPA at a position of our greatest need. Rhule is cooked anyway. Don’t sacrifice getting a really good player to try and give him a lifeline.

25 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

So, here are the top 15 QBs in the draft and the direction of their draft stock/NFL interest.

Malik Willis: Falling; Kenny Pickett: Falling; Desmond Ridder: Falling; Sam Howell: Falling; Carson Strong: Falling; Matt Corral: Falling; Bailey Zappe: Falling; Aqeel Glass: RisingJack Coan: Rising; Brock Purdy: Falling; Cole Kelley: RisingChase Garbers: RisingKaleb Eleby: Rising; Skylar Thompson: Falling; EJ Perry: Rising.

The pool is tightening up. I expect we will see 10/11 of them drafted.

That's about every draft...good, average or bad.

48 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, I can't help your personal biases. That's a you thing.

Trubisky had his moments and he can get hot and torch people but he is also extremely inconsistent and plagued by the crippling downfalls most gunslingers are.

He's unlikely to ever be a full time starter in the NFL again.

He's at the least smart enough to realize he's a great backup to Josh Allen, could eventually step in and be a Nick Foles level guy. Those Kinda guys aren't gonna blow that by being one and done for Rhule. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's at the least smart enough to realize he's a great backup to Josh Allen, could eventually step in and be a Nick Foles level guy. Those Kinda guys aren't gonna blow that by being one and done for Rhule. 

What’s the downside for the Panthers in bringing Trubisky in for 4 years, $16 mil? Secure a great backup QB at minimum. 

20 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

What’s the downside for the Panthers in bringing Trubisky in for 4 years, $16 mil? Secure a great backup QB at minimum. 

His agent would be like Don't fuging Do That!!! All this hypothetical free agency stuff with QB's and O-line is not realistic. No one is coming here unless it's their last option, until Rhule is gone

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, for all the Howell stans....you know we can just get Trubisky for nickels and won't cost us any draft capital, right? And Trubisky may be a better NFL QB than Howell(wouldn't surprise me).

I don't expect Trubisky to come here and light it up but that is one of the better low risk, low cost gambles for a QB competiton with Sam I Am.

Yeah exactly